Odroid C2 update from CoreELEC to LibreELEC is it possible ?

• Can someone tell me if it is possible to upgrade CoreELEC to LibreELEC Nexus latest build ?

If yes, how can this be done:

1. Via the menu Custom Channels

2. Via a update or installation file placed in the folder /storage/.update

3. Via flashing eMMC

4. Other way ?

5. Not possible !

Thanks in advance.

• Direct updates are not supported. You need to follow a backup > clean install > partial restore process.

Take a backup of essential things: sources.xml, advancedsettings.xml, add-on settings and DB files from Kodi. Download the latest nightly from https://test.libreelec.tv/11.0/Amlogic/odroid-c2/ then create a new SD card or reimage the emmc module. Then boot, stop Kodi, move the essential things you backed-up to where they need to be. Restart Kodi and start reinstalling add-ons.

• Direct updates are not supported. You need to follow a backup > clean install > partial restore process.

Take a backup of essential things: sources.xml, advancedsettings.xml, add-on settings and DB files from Kodi. Download the latest nightly from https://test.libreelec.tv/11.0/Amlogic/odroid-c2/ then create a new SD card or reimage the emmc module. Then boot, stop Kodi, move the essential things you backed-up to where they need to be. Restart Kodi and start reinstalling add-ons.

Thanks for the help !

So first I need to backup these files: sources.xml, advancedsettings.xml, add-on settings and DB files from Kodi.
    Can you tell where to find those add-on and DB settings, I guess in certain folders ?

Once the new LibreELEC installation is running then stop Kodi via SSH with this command: systemctl stop kodi

Is this the correct procedure ?

• Just take a backup using the LE settings add-on and move the tar archive file somewhere safe. Clean install using the latest nightly image, and if things like previously watched status are super important to you; then put the file on the new install and manually unpack it somewhere to allow simple restore of things to where they need to be in the filesystem (easy to Google for that info). If you're not bothered with status then just go about setting up sources and scraping media again. I would caution against simply restoring the backup as a) this will restore Python2 add-ons to a system that no longer runs them and this is a frequent cause of update issues, b) most installs will benefit from not restoring the accumulated years of cruft from the old install (spring cleaning).