Unable to find where to enable setting for remote network control to connect Kore android app

• I just installed the latest LibreELEC for RPI4 released on 2022-10-15.

It installed well and I was able to get the YouTube plugin working great.

I am very impressed with it's performance when compared with raspberrypi os for media playback.

Now onto my question.

I was hoping to use the wifi Kore remote control app.

But I am having difficulty connecting it to the device.

There appears to be no setting that allows me to "allow remote control from applications on other systems" like is available for Kodi as detailed here (https://www.maketecheasier.com/set-up-remote-…kodi-with-kore/)

I found several older threads from 2016-2018 where it sounds like people had the Kore remote control app working with LibreELEC around that time.

Looking to try and find anything about a web interface for LibreELEC the most recent thread I came upon was the following.

xpdnz
    April 11, 2021 at 1:29 AM

However I can find no menu option corresponding to "Settings > Services > Control"

The nomenclature of "Control" does seem consistent with what it is called in Kodi and also what people referenced in some of the older threads from 2016-2018.

Has this been removed from the base installation on raspberry pi 4? Or perhaps it never existed in the raspberrypi 4 base install.

If so is there an addon that can be installed to provide the necessary network endpoint so that the Kore remote app can be connected?

The ports open on the system by default are as follows.

```

LibreELEC:~ # netstat -tulpn | grep LISTEN

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1/systemd

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 680/sshd -D [listen

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:36666 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 981/kodi.bin

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 952/smbd

tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9090 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 981/kodi.bin

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:139 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 952/smbd

tcp 0 0 :::111 :::* LISTEN 1/systemd

tcp 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN 680/sshd -D [listen

tcp 0 0 :::36666 :::* LISTEN 981/kodi.bin

tcp 0 0 :::445 :::* LISTEN 952/smbd

tcp 0 0 :::139 :::* LISTEN 952/smbd

```

9090 looks like it might be the port used potentially for remote control (I really don't know for certain though) but it is only listening on localhost so I can't test it.

And I can't find any menu option that changes it to listen on all network interfaces.

There are some addons that appear to be available for allowing remote playback of content on other devices, but these don't seem related and I don't really want to clutter my installation testing various pluggins which I'm pretty sure are unrelated.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

• It is definitely there on the Estuary skin: https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/Control

Thanks so much I totally missed the services menu!!! I don't know how I spent so long searching through the menus and totally missed "Settings -> Services -> Control".

I have one other question if you happen to know the answer, is there anyway to disable it form displaying the time. I'm worried that since it always says AM or PM it's going to burn the letters into my OLED if I leave it on the menu by accident for too long.

• I'm worried that since it always says AM or PM it's going to burn the letters into my OLED if I leave it on the menu by accident ..

Kodi uses the "Dim" screensaver by default, but you can switch it to "Black" instead, which gives you a black screen - nothing to burn in

• Thanks guys for the tips regarding dim screensaver I will definitely use that.

During my searching I also found a tutorial about how to disable the clock (but I didn't have time to do it yet)

I'll link it below incase anyone else reads this and wants to try anyways.

HOW-TO:Estuary Modification - Official Kodi Wiki

Code
    Top screen OSD right

The time and video duration is also quite difficult to find. The way I found it in the end (and this trick may help you for other searches) was to use notepad++ search by directory feature to look for the localisation string 31080 which is the english string Ends at which shows up in this location.

That search brought me to a file called Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml. Just search for the xml control node that contains <label>$INFO[System.Time]</label>. I disabled this and introduced a new control node back in the DialogueSeekBar.xml file that will show on the actual OSD popup in future. But again it can be moved or resized as required