LE10.3 TVHeadend HD not working

• Hi,

so software encoding is not a solution, because at some point it will crash the whole system (meaning no video output any more, not repsonsive. Adjusting input buffer size did also not help. Any other ideas?

• That looks good - everything saved and rebooted?

The HW Decoder has a problem with discontinuities - did you connect an ext. power-supply and do you have a good SNR and BER=0?

• Just checking around at reviews of this tuner. Appears it is known to suffer from the behaviour you are experiencing on other setups. Have you tested it on any other platform other than LE for stability and reliability.

• I use TVheadend 4.2

BER=0, SNR is 15dB, so should be fine

I noticed now that some HD channels seem to be working, while some are not. With the one's that are working i get continous input and output streamrate between 10-20Mbps. The ones which are not working show similar values, but intermitted with 0 and I get some error bits. Also, once I witch to a non-working HD stream, all streams, including SD stop working

I bought this tuner because it was recommended to work well with LE/Kodi. Can you suggest another model or manufacturer which works well in combination with a RPi4 ? I actually just want a setup that works reliably.

• I bought this tuner because it was recommended to work well with LE/Kodi. Can you suggest another model or manufacturer which works well in combination with a RPi4 ? I actually just want a setup that works reliably.

I've always recommended people run the server on a separate device to the player. This allows you to keep the server end on something that works; often a conventional distro where you can (re)compile the kernel with whatever set of shitty hacked-up drivers are needed to make the tuners work reliably, and then never change it while the no-longer-dependent-on-weird-kernels player device runs whatever latest LE/Kodi release you fancy. Linux DVB drivers suck :)