Ryzen 5600G only using ff-hevc (sw)

• Hi,

I built a new Ryzen 5600g system with the Asus B550i ITX motherboard.

When I play any file it appears to be using software decoding. Also HDR is not triggering. I’ve pasted a log and was wondering if someone could have a look?

Log

• I also noticed, when attempting to play a 4K HDR video it will output colors incorrectly. However while playing if i press "\" on the keyboard the video seems to switch resolution / refresh rate and it will prompt to keep the setting. I press no, it then switched resolution / refresh rate back and the video is now outputting correctly in the right colourspace.

However it still says ff-hevc(sw) is this correct? i thought it would have said ff-hevc (hw)

• Have you got hardware acceleration checked in LE in the Player section in Settings. Try enabling/disabling it and see what results you get.

Yeah i do, i checked all that. I just ran VAINFO from the console and it returned this

LibreELEC:~ # vainfo
    Trying display: drm
    libva info: VA-API version 1.16.0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
    libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_16
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
    vainfo: VA-API version: 1.16 (libva 2.16.0)
    vainfo: Driver version: Mesa Gallium driver 22.2.2 for AMD Radeon Graphics (renoir, LLVM 15.0.4, DRM 3.48, 6.0.6)
    vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
    VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileJPEGBaseline : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileVP9Profile0 : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileVP9Profile2 : VAEntrypointVLD
    VAProfileNone : VAEntrypointVideoProc

LibreELEC:~

Looks like its missing some profiles.

• atoulmin - what nightly image are you running - it looks like a late October / early November image. Can you please run the most recent - not saying that will fix it. But many changes since then (kernel/mesa/…)