External drives remounting randomly and losing docker mount

• I am on a clean setup of LE 10.0.3: (LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0.3.img.gz) on RPi 4 2GB. Over it I installed LinuxServer Portainer(as a docker container) through the add-ons UI. Through this Portainer service UI, I created a few containers and stacks.

I also have 2 external 3.0 HDDs(500GB, 1TB) connected to the RPi, which are mounted/shared in the docker containers. Everything works fine initially, but over a longer run(>12 hrs), the HDD "I think" are being remounted. The mount points would change for an NTFS drive so I reformatted the drive as ext4. Since then the mount points have been consistent. But now when such remounts happen, it causes the docker container to see empty mounts until the containers are restarted. Outside the containers, I can explore the external drives without any difficulty.

Is there a way to find whats happening? Or is there a way to prevent such remounts. Is this a known issue?

Power Supply: 5.1v 3A

PS: Is this the right sub forum? If not please let me know the appropriate one.

TIA

Edited once, last by boomerang (November 4, 2022 at 10:24 PM).

• For unexplained remounting of drives I'd suspect either power, or perhaps running out of RAM causing processes to be killed/cycled which can result in things being in odd states (not specific to LE, but a general thing with any Linux distro). Enable persistent logging and then do some log review/reading.

• chewitt You were right. This is most probably due to a power issue. When I plug a single hdd it just works but when 2 are attached, I get the occasional remounting issue.

I thought that a 3A power supply would be enough but apparently not. Or maybe the power supply just says 3.0A but doesn't actually provide it.

• Yeah, you're asking way too much from your pi. Before I moved to a NAS setup I had 3 4TB usb drives on each of my HTPCs, a NUC and a pi3B. I used docking stations that had their own power supplies and never had an issue.

• Yeah, you're asking way too much from your pi. Before I moved to a NAS setup I had 3 4TB usb drives on each of my HTPCs, a NUC and a pi3B. I used docking stations that had their own power supplies and never had an issue.

Yeah, i have a couple of Pi 4 running OMV6 and using several powered HDD's is no problem at all.