Wireguard server on Libreelec?

• For some reasons, I need to have Wireguard server working on my RPI with Libreelec. I tested WireGuard client and it appeared to work fine. What about WG server? Is it possible?

• I wish I was wrong but I think LibreELEC arm devices cannot easily use a WireGuard server, in fact the LibreELEC.wiki doesn't even mention it. Conversely x86_64 devices running LibreELEC can run the excellent WireGuard server service with docker linuxserver/wireguard.

If you cannot change your VPN server device then I recommend that you use ZeroTier through the docker zyclonite/zerotier service because it works very well both on x86_64 devices and on arm devices, there is no server here but a private VPN network where you can connect devices and establish simple rules of routing and egress to the internet.

• WG support is ultimately all about what's in the kernel (and WG is there) so there's techincally nothing that prevents LE being used to host a server, but there is no plumbing to facilitate that in the GUI or in ConnMan, which is client focussed (and no intent to add anything) so you'd have to self-create whatever scripts are needed to create interfaces and do things on boot, etc.

• WG support is ultimately all about what's in the kernel (and WG is there) so there's techincally nothing that prevents LE being used to host a server, but there is no plumbing to facilitate that in the GUI or in ConnMan, which is client focussed (and no intent to add anything) so you'd have to self-create whatever scripts are needed to create interfaces and do things on boot, etc.

It is enough for me to know that no additional resources needed to start WG server.