ScummVM add-on could not be loaded an unknown error has occurred

• Hello,

I am trying to run ScummVM and I am getting this error:

ScummVM add-on could not be loaded an unknown error has occurred

I can play other emulators just fine, is there anything I can do ?

I am running LibreELEC 10 - Kodi 19.4

Thank you

• Just tried https://test.libreelec.tv/11.0/Rockchip/…8-rock64.img.gz and ScummVM didn't start.

To be honest I'd prefer to fix it somehow manually in the actual stable I use. Is there somewhere documented how to "reproduce or not" the build-problem?

If I could "not reproduce" the problem would I have to install the whole image or just replace the add-on?

Edit: As I understood from what I read the build problem only exists on github and is not reproducible when building on other machines. A build I would do on my notebook (e.g. inside a docker image) should work and should not reproduce the problem, right?

From what others wrote I guess that I'd have to replace the add-on only - like with one that vpeter build previously for people in this thread and that WebEye confirmed that it worked.

Edit: Checked out libreelec-10.0 and build it successfully - what a ride ;-). Then build the addons game.libretro and game.libretro.scummvm. Updated my rock64 to the freshly build libreelec and installed the two addons. I could start scummvm - great!

Added Monkey Island (first one, german version, files: 000.LFL 902.LFL 904.LFL DISK02.LEC DISK04.LEC 901.LFL 903.LFL DISK01.LEC DISK03.LEC) to scummvm and started it.

Sound started, the midi tunes seemed to be mixed up, but I still could recognize them. Screen stayed black.

On my notebook the same files work in scummvm.

Updated my rock64 to the official version 10.0.3 again.

Recognized that I may need to use 10.0.3 and checked out that tag to build the add-ons from that tree again and test them.

Edit: Didn't make a difference. Or maybe a git checkout 10.0.3; git pulldidn't do what I expected. Anyway, opened an issue.

Edited 4 times, last by ChriChri: update (November 7, 2022 at 10:56 AM).