LibreELEC Clean MySQL Install of v10.0.2 Fails

• Summary

I basically just want to load a fresh instance of Kodi leveraging a local MySQL database. The fresh loading of a v10.0.2 seems to be bugged. It seems to detect what it needs to do correctly but when it starts running the inserts, create tables, create triggers, etc, it eventually just fails.

If i power of the Pi and drop the SQL tables; then restart the PI again, the same errors occur. So the bug appears to be in the database schema.

Just a little system details:

• LibraELEC version: 10.0.2
    • Database: mysql v8.0.2
    • kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 5.10.95

Logs

Cleared the database and set up permissions okay (verified i could log in as the kodi user and manage tables etc). Started up the PI and here are the logs in ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log (i highlighted the errors in red)

When i start scanning the library it produces a lot of errors about missing tables, and when it's all done there is nothing to list...

I can't populate the database (from scratch at all). I've tried droping all databases several times and powering back up the Kodi instance (LibrELEC) and it consistently produces the same results.

Before i fall back to an ealier working version, i don't mind working with devs to help debug... Also it could very well be the user ;) ; Perhaps you can spot something obvious i'm missing other then having just the DB ready to be written to? Is there another step i need to do first? Or is there a spot i could load the schema manually and jsut run from then?

• So it turned out to be that this is NOT valid even though it works:

Code
    GRANT ALL ON `kodi_video%`.* TO 'kodi';
    GRANT ALL ON `kodi_music%`.* TO 'kodi';
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

This however fixes the problem:

Code
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'kodi';
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Just sharing in case someone else stumbles across the same issue