Can't create bootable usb

• Hello everyone.

I had a legacy generic x64 install (phenom 2 if you need to know)

and i ran into difficulties trying to boot, i have a samba/mysql setup and library always came empty

tried deleting .kodi to start fresh and didnt work, so i went for a reinstall, its an sd to usb adapter so i figured power outages destroyed my install

So now i use the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe for creating a bootable sd, i tried the one i had before an other usb sticks i had around

Looks like my motherboard can't work with the bootable sd i made, tested on a laptop, and worked fine, just doesnt even finish post on my phenom 2

I tried following another thread that sounded like had some of the same problems

RDan
    January 10, 2017 at 11:59 PM

they suggested i do a syslinux bootable and copy the files into this for install but didnt work either, i get a 'error in mount_storage: could not mount UUID=(the short one)

so im stuck and out of ideas

can you guys help me keep this old pc out of the land fill?

thank you

• OK, i didnt find a way to boot this usb from my old pc

But i ran the installer in 'legacy' mode in my laptop's bios, and this created an sd that boots in my old phenom 2

so in case anyone needs it:

1) Create the usb installer as indicated with LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe

2) Boot this installer from a legacy bios option (or csm idk)

3) install to another usb/sd (i had to wait for the install/live/run option to plug my second usb or my laptop freaked out)

4) take this usb into your old pc

• Reinstall the legacy version of LE that worked before, then stop Kodi, manually copy the latest update file to /storage/.update/ and then erase the /storage/.kodi folder and reboot. On restart you should end up with a (legacy) bootloader that works and clean Kodi setup.