Is an updated wget available?

• Hello there!

I had a script using wget when I was running Kodi on RaspberryOS, but have since moved to the latest LibreElec v10.0.2.

LibreElec's wget doesn't give the info (esp. file size) when called with the --spider parameter, nor does it log as verbatim, or accepts an input file (and probably a million more parameters :) )

I cannot tell the version of wget, it appears to be part of BusyBox v1.32.1. Can wget be updated in some way? Or can a newer wget packaged with the System Tools addon?

Thanks!

• Hello there!

I had a script using wget when I was running Kodi on RaspberryOS, but have since moved to the latest LibreElec v10.0.2.

LibreElec's wget doesn't give the info (esp. file size) when called with the --spider parameter, nor does it log as verbatim, or accepts an input file (and probably a million more parameters :) )

I cannot tell the version of wget, it appears to be part of BusyBox v1.32.1. Can wget be updated in some way? Or can a newer wget packaged with the System Tools addon?

Thanks!

Hi humdinger - wget is part of busybox on LibreELEC as an intentional minimal install. (The curl installation on LibreELEC is the full curl implementation.)

• Hi humdinger - wget is part of busybox on LibreELEC as an intentional minimal install. (The curl installation on LibreELEC is the full curl implementation.)

Thanks, heitbaum, I forgot about curl...

curl -I provides an output I can parse for the file size. Good enough for me. :)

Da Flex: I don't have an installed RaspberryOS around anymore. I'm also not much of a linux user and wonder if simply moving the wget command over to my LibreElec install will even work.

Anyway, my biggest issue is solved, and if we cannot have a fully fledged wget, curl will do.

Thanks all.