passthrough to soundbar

• Hi,

I recently change my tv and found that LG and Samsung doesn't support DTS since 2018 :(

So I setup libreelec on RPI3B to try play DTS media files but with no success. I have previously used this setup to play dts media files with my old tv and same soundbar.

RPI3B <-HDMI-> Yamaha YAS-207 <-HDMI ARC-> TV Samsung QN90A

Yamaha YAS-207:

On Libreelec audio settings these are the audio output devices:

1- ALSA: Default Audio Device()

2- ALSA: vc4-hdmi (), MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0

3- ALSA: vc4-hdmi (vc4-hdmi), MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0

4- ALSA: vc4-hdmi (vc4-hdmi), SAM Q90A on HDMI

5- PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

I can't change the output passthrough device:

How should I configure libreelec to be able to play DTS audio files?

Thank you

• Libreelec/Kodi configuration looks good and passthrough settings also confirms that DTS is available.

Do you also have CEC enabled ?If so,try also with CEC disabled .

• Libreelec/Kodi configuration looks good and passthrough settings also confirms that DTS is available.

Do you also have CEC enabled ?If so,try also with CEC disabled .

I'm going to try with CEC disabled. Can you identify which hdmi is soundbar and tv? It looks like q90a is the tv.

• Yeah,that's how it shows on my RPi4 too,HDMI Phillips Tv,even if it's connected thru the soundbar .

And usually ,if a passthrough audio format isn't available ,then it won't show up in passthrough settings .

• On TV I set sound to tv speakers, disable HDMI ARC and CEC.

The output devices shows the same devices as before and the sound outputs from tv speakers instead of soundbar :s

In your case your TV should be using HDMI ARC to passthrough.

• Yes,i'm using ARC because both RPi4 and TV output audio to the soundbar .

I also have CEC enabled and it switch automatically to ARC when i switch to Live TV ,or to HDMI when i switch to LibreELEC.

BTW,in CEC settings there's an option to set the connected device (TV or AVR).I don't know if it will make any difference ,but you can try .