LE12 & LE11 & LE10 NUC11 Audio lost until reboot [sample file]

• Code
    2022-10-27 21:20:07.849 T:834      INFO <general>: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86019, channels: 6, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)

Try 2 audio output channels. Other channels will be encoded into those.

• I played the test file from post #1 with this result (RPi3B+, LE 10.0.3):

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It has subtitles and no audio. However, it doesn't crash my audio system, so I still have audio after playing the file.

My current theory is a bad audio driver. It just shouldn't crash, whatever it plays.

• Line-by-line comparison between RPi and NUC11 shows a difference here:

RPi:

Code
    2022-11-15 02:12:25.554 T:655 INFO <general>: CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Open - using decoder V4L2 mem2mem H.264 decoder wrapper

NUC11:

Code
    2022-11-12 14:41:40.389 T:960      INFO <general>: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10

So maybe DRM Prime is necessary to play the file correctly.

PS: Click the gear icon on the playback bar. Under video settings search for DRM Prime, and switch it on / off. I'm not sure about the existence of this setting on current x86 builds, because I can only test on RPi.

• Line-by-line comparison between RPi and NUC11 shows a difference here:

RPi:

Code
    2022-11-15 02:12:25.554 T:655 INFO <general>: CDVDVideoCodecDRMPRIME::Open - using decoder V4L2 mem2mem H.264 decoder wrapper

NUC11:

Code
    2022-11-12 14:41:40.389 T:960      INFO <general>: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10

So maybe DRM Prime is necessary to play the file correctly.

PS: Click the gear icon on the playback bar. Under video settings search for DRM Prime, and switch it on / off. I'm not sure about the existence of this setting on current x86 builds, because I can only test on RPi.

Hi,

thank you for testing! I take it I need LE 11 to use DRM Prime? So I switched back to latest nightly. I cannot find DRM Prime settings in the playback bar>video, however there are some under settings > player > Video (Use DRM-PRIME decoder, hardware accelleration DRM PRIME) and they are activated. PRIME render method is set to EGL (http://ix.io/4ghV). Switching to direct to plane did not help either.

The thread over at Intel mentions something about the EDID. I did try the getedid create script but it does not seem to save the edid correctly. Could the issues be connected?

I tried one more thing: connected the HDMI cable not to the hdmi port but to the thuderbolt port via an adapter. The issue persists though http://ix.io/4ghX

• Could the issues be connected?

Possible. At first place I think your test file has errors, because I don't have audio with it. Those errors might lead to a re-initialization of the audio sink. If the EDID file is some sort of a map for the audio sink, then it could help to have correct EDID data.

• er, no, that is about resume from sleep.

hdmi audio getting lost everytime you play and stop media is kinda a basic no-go

Audio is OK for blueribb . If you have issues, try the latest nightly, and / or post a log.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link