Hi, want a smooth playback on 1080p VC-1 and H264

• Hi, Ive got a small problem, but big to me :) .

I have a Rpi3 that is flawless with smooth playback on 1080p VC-1 and H264, never had any problems with it so ever.

Now I need one more mediaplayer in my other room to my new LG OLED B1 .

There is no chance on getting one more Rpi3 here where I live, so I looked at the new Rpi4 BUT from what Ive read so far there is no support in HW for VC-1 playback, so I cant buy that one. Any suggestions? I can buy a android box but there was also a problem with sound in some of these not being able to output perfect 24bits 5.1 sound from kodi, it was downgraded to 16 bits, dont remember whare Ive read that, but was a long time ago, think it was Android 905 or 915?

I want perfect 24 bits 5.1 sound output and HW support for smooth playback on 1080p VC-1 and H264.

How about a new PC, like a new Intel cpu gen12 or amd ryzen based one, will they support perfect 24 bits 5.1 sound output and HW support for smooth playback on 1080p VC-1 and H264 with LE booted into an usb stick?

Ive looked at the new Nvidia Shield, but from experience with my older ones they dont do well with kodi, so I will skip that one.

(If it makes any difference I will playback only from external 2.5" harddrive)

Edited once, last by hundrakg (August 5, 2022 at 5:44 AM).

• I do not know your level of expertise or experience with things like Linux, but I will say that what I have started doing for low cost full featured 1080P (Not UHD) systems is install LibreELEC Generic x86_64 on a used Chromebox CN60 that you can often find (used) for as little as $30 on ebay. In fact when you use the script from https://mrchromebox.tech one of the options is to install LibreELEC, so it is pretty easy.