changing output to RGB 36 with an Nvidia GPU

• Hi there. First time poster here, but I've been active on a number of HTPC forums over the last 5 or 6 years.

I have LibreELEC running on a pc with an Nividia GT430 video card. I can't seem to find a way to change the output from RGB 24 to RGB 36. Any references I've found online date back a number of years and I am assuming they are outdated.

If I truly need to figure out how SSH works, I guess I will. But I was hoping it would be much easier.

• If I truly need to figure out how SSH works, I guess I will

Knowing how to 'SSH' is always good. You will need it to open the backdoor if LibreELEC for troubleshooting and other usefull stuff.

a way to change the output from RGB 24 to RGB 36

That is not an option available via the Kodi GUI. I'm also not sure whether the used Nvidia drivers can provide for it at all.

• Thanks for walking through this with me guys. I had my Windows PC set up with deep color. Since all of my current material is graded for Rec709/24bit, I know I'm really not missing out on anything. This was more of a "nice to have" category.

Does this happen to be possible on AMD or Intel GPUs, and if so how do you change it? I'm just kind of curious, I won't be rushing out to buy another GPU (I'm kind of stuck with Nivida because my HTPC's Intel 965 chipset is incompatible with AMD cards)