shell script to get the latest nightly (old)

• Since there are no new nightlies today, because the last commit is still f7f28a7, I will keep 0.07 and test it and I will upgrade to 0.08 afterwards.

and what do want archive with doing so ?

0.07 has a bug with legacy and with 0.08 it's fixed ?

that what I already know !

yesterday I tested legacy update/downgrade and the same for generic several times.

0.08 seems the way to go !

P.S.

your wish was heard:

a download link is available in comment #1 !

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-7 (June 29, 2022 at 3:51 PM).

• You were right about 0.07 and generic-legacy. Screenshots are from the x64 and the rpi3 installations. I updated them to 0.08 and I am waiting for tomorrow.

As for the mediafire link. Wget-ing it results in an html file. I named it "whatever" because the redirections that wget has to go through add my public ip to it

Having said that, I offer to add it as a gist and I (promise that I) will keep updating with every new release that you make.
    It leads to the raw text version of the gist, so one can use it with wget directly.

Code
    https://gist.githubusercontent.com/pitsi/121409e48df9529feb6e8b18bd8aa303/raw/11f1bb1502e2e5506e124ef8338432ec1b82b4e8/get_nightly.sh

---edit

I can now confirm that v0.08 works properly on generic-legacy. I just noticed a new image was uploaded earlier today, so I made the upgrade via the script.

• jim_p thanks for testing and report

+++ Edit +++

I'm quite sure you were not running V0.08 when you maid the screenshots/pictures !

Why ?

looking at your pictures, where it reads

" u) update your nightly to the lastest. )"

". )" doesn't exists in V0.08 anymore, that was the typo fix I mentioned in the changelog

or

look at the script code, line 394

and cause you're not running V0.08 you got the junk in the 2. photo: 20220629 is an downgrade for the running 20220627

As for the mediafire link. Wget-ing it results in an html file. I named it "whatever" because the redirections that wget has to go through add my public ip to it

I use firefox and right-click on the MediaFire link, then "copy-link" and paste that after "wget " and I get the script.

Having said that, I offer to add it as a gist and I (promise that I) will keep updating with every new release that you make.
    It leads to the raw text version of the gist, so one can use it with wget directly.

thanks for the offer

Edited 3 times, last by GDPR-7 (June 30, 2022 at 5:29 PM).

• Yes, I was not running 0.08 on the screenshots above, but 0.07. I said I was waiting for a new set of nightly builds so as to test 0.07 because I thought its bug on generic-legacy was fixed. It was not, so I upgraded to 0.08 once the forementioned upgrade was done.

First upgrade with 0.08 on generic-legacy was successful. Sadly, it is the end of the x64 nightlies for me today because I am tired of testing something that has iffy behavior on my hardware's wifi. I may check again when 11 reaches alpha or beta, but right now all I want to do is to open a bug report on kodi (bug that appears in 18, 19 and 20) and delete the whole thing.

• jim_p please keep an eye on the first page in this thread, cause I've found a bug during testing yesterday: esp. when nightlies with same build date, but different build hours, hit the download server a mismatch of what is a update/downgrade could occur.

currently rewriting the script and testing V0.10 ...

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (July 10, 2022 at 7:52 PM).

• Is this gist of 0.10 yours? If so, tell me to remove mine completely.

Code
    https://gist.github.com/eldersixpack13/1636d17a3303260fb4ab57b6f147f795

I also have a suggestion for getting the info (platform etc) from /etc/os-release.

---edit

You can skip that cat and grep stuff on lines 102 to 105 if you source the file and echo its variables like so

Code
    # cat params.sh
    #!/bin/sh
    source /etc/os-release
    echo $LIBREELEC_ARCH
    echo $VERSION

# sh params.sh
    RPi2.arm
    nightly-20220709-6050346

Edited 3 times, last by jim_p (July 11, 2022 at 1:23 PM).

• Is this gist of 0.10 yours? If so, tell me to remove mine completely.

Yes !

and as CvH mentioned the URL in the script (line 43) will change soon.

then the script is on page 1 in this thread

P.S.

I know that the script checker criticizes the "cat ... |... " in my script !

• Is it just me or did wget lose its progress bar in 0.10? I remember it had a progress bar there....

Code
    downloading:    LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20220710-6050346.img.gz

wait ...

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
    Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
    68  122M   68 83.2M    0     0  1083k      0  0:01:55  0:01:18  0:00:37  611k

---edit

As seen above, the script did not download the latest build, which for today is 20220711-f682eb5 (according to test.libreelec.tv), but the previous one, which was already installed. It is because it now uses the test3 part of the server and that is the latest build that is hosted there, so I did the update by hand today. I may return to 0.08... if I find it :P

---re-edit

I just noticed that the above text in the quote tags is curl's output and not wget's :P

I need to stop updating my machines at 7am, right after waking up :D

Edited 3 times, last by jim_p (July 12, 2022 at 6:44 AM).

• the new script uses curl and not wget

you should consult the download URL what the script is using.

for the V0.10 script it is https://test3.libreelec.tv/11.0/RPi/

and that URL is inofficial !

also the script is somehow inofficial.

- surely I posted a link to it to help someone, but  I currently start to regret doing so -

the above URL shows the last nightly is 20220710-6050346.

but, surfing the above URL does NOT show any 20220711-f682eb5 (or I'm blind as usual 8) ) !

+++ Edit +++

so, at the time you were running the script it should have been downloading anything, cause if the script doesn't find your currently running nightly on the download server it should abort aborts with an error message.

see line 263 !

in any case:

if you report bugs please send a screenshot additional with the part where I can see what the script found on your box as currently running nightly.

===

In general

guys, you're you are using a (inofficial) script what uses a inofficial URL.

and the script evolves (hopefully not in an bad direction => more bugs) and sometimes it looks different as the script released before.

you're free to change it fitting your needs, but if you do so, I'm out of the game !

I'm currently also out of the game when you're still using the elder script, what I marked as buggy.

means:

NO support by me for script version < V0.08 and also for V0.10 until it is official released by me on page 1 in this thread !

therefore I scratched both for now (gist, mediafire), sorry

when the new URL is official I'll test my script again and release it afterwards

I'm out, rockin', for now

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 4 times, last by GDPR-7 (July 12, 2022 at 6:45 PM).

• Why did you remove the gist? ;(

The f682eb5 build was listed under test.libreelec.tv this morning. It is not listed now. Actually, there is no le 11 image anywhere in there right now and I have no idea why. Right now, ff682eb5 is listed in test3.libreelec.tv, so I assume some movement or maintenance is going on right now.

Maybe the recent images are first given from test and when they get 2 days old they are moved to test3. This means test contains only 2 recent images for each system, while test3 acts as an archive that contains images from ~1 month ago.

• Folder structure on test has been updated today. img.gz files will now be loaded in ther u-boot directories. The build server has just completed the H6 build, other builds will follow over the next ~10 hours.

• The reason you removed the gist is because I complained about missing versions on test3? I just pointed it out as an issue, because it does not get the latest image available but the latest image on test3! And right now it just has the downgrade option on my end

Code
    *** script version: 0.10
    your Platform is:       RPi2.arm
    running nightly from:   20220711
    and has Git Hash:       f682eb5
    Version:                20220711-f682eb5
    *** the following images are currently available on the download server:
    *** No updates today ***
    * Downgrade (to the previous Image):    LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly                                              -20220710-6050346.img.gz

Proof to what I said above for the new image that is missing from test3. It is 7am here (4am gmt + 3 hours for eest), the image for 20220712 is on the test server (picture) but not on test3 (code tags)

Code
    $ curl -s https://test3.libreelec.tv/json/11.0/RPi/ | grep 220712
    (no output)
    $ curl -s https://test3.libreelec.tv/json/11.0/RPi/ | grep 220711
    { "name":"LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20220711-f682eb5.img.gz", "type":"file", "mtime":"Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:54:55 GMT", "size":128323490 },
    { "name":"LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20220711-f682eb5.img.gz.sha256", "type":"file", "mtime":"Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:54:55 GMT", "size":122 },
    { "name":"LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220711-f682eb5.img.gz", "type":"file", "mtime":"Tue, 12 Jul 2022 00:23:27 GMT", "size":130271421 },
    { "name":"LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220711-f682eb5.img.gz.sha256", "type":"file", "mtime":"Tue, 12 Jul 2022 00:23:27 GMT", "size":122 }
  • The reason you removed the gist is because I complained about missing versions on test3?

No ! No ! Noooooooo !

- the download server URL has changed.

- my script contains a bug (sorting empty lists) I realized yesterday

- I need to test my script with that changes first

- when the new URL is official I'll release a new script (if the script runs with the new URL at all)

heitbaum

is your comment #69 a statement that the new URL is official ?

${Forum-Admin}

I would like to open a new thread when I will release the new script, cause this thread belongs to the elder script.

thread should be the same as this one !

is this realizeable ?

how ?

What do I need to do ?

Edited 4 times, last by GDPR-7 (July 13, 2022 at 3:45 PM).