rPi4 won't boot. Probably something really simple.

• I've been running LE for many years and LE on an rPi for a couple. 10.0.2 was working fine until last night when I disconnected the rPi to re-arrange the livingroom. The case is an Argon One M.2 with 120 GB SSD.

On reconnect, it wouldn't boot. Tried a bunch of times, re-installed the boot sector. Still won't work.

Tried 3 other rPi, for a total of 4. None working.

Have tried two different rPi on versions 10.0.1, 10.0.0, 9.2.8 (the oldest one on the DL site)

"chroot: can't execute '/usr/sbin/kernel-overlays-setup'

Flashed from Manjaro Linux using SUSE Studio Imagewriter and USBImager. Your tool for Windows will not image an SSD.

Every one of these systems will boot up fine with a Moode Audio image. No way I had 4 systems that were all working all die at exactly the same time, particularly when they all work with Moode.

I suspect I'm doing something silly but can't figure out what. Any help would be appreciated. Ideas...

Found a USB stick. Installed it using the LE USB-SD Creator.

Won't boot, either. Different error, though.

• Which image is for USB stick boot? First one looks like disk failure or rpi is not giving enough power for argon one addon over USB. Second one is trying to mount device that does not exist in the system.

some SD card writers come in "USB stick" form. If you could create image in USB stick, you can create image on SD card. Have you tried booting from SD card? Logical way for running LibreELec on RPi would be to install it on SD card and use SSD or NAS for storage.

Edited 2 times, last by tokul (June 1, 2022 at 5:39 AM).

• Second image is a USB flash drive. First image is an SSD. Both v10.0.2.

Will not boot from SD card.

I just tried flashing the SSD with OSMC and the GUI comes up but with "install failed: could not mount bootfs". So, something is wrong with USB disk boot on every one of these devices, aparently.

These rPi boot with OctoPi and Moode Audio.

Volumio also working....

Edited 2 times, last by TomB19: Merged a post created by TomB19 into this post. (June 1, 2022 at 5:42 AM).

• Why will not boot from SD card? Religious reasons?

Basic RPi setup is main board and sd card. Hardware fault diagnostics start with reducing number of components. Get LibreElec booting on basic setup and start adding extra components until it fails or works in your desired configuration.

Edited once, last by tokul (June 1, 2022 at 5:56 AM).

• Yeah. Seriously. lol!

Still working on v10.0.2.

I just pulled another brand new rPi out of a box, installed it in a brand new armour case, brand new micro SD card, used the LE Windows utility... fail.

I tried a different SD card reader, this time.

It came up, showed the LE logo and indicated it was resizing the partition, then rebooted, saw the color spectrum, then blank for 5 minutes.

I found v9.2.6 on my disk so I will try that version.

This is totally whacked but I just got LE 10.0.2 to boot from SD after flashing the SD using the OSMC installer to flash it.

I'm losing my mind over here. lol!

Edited once, last by TomB19: Merged a post created by TomB19 into this post. (June 1, 2022 at 6:14 AM).

• RPi 4 model B 4GB. Booted libreelec 10.0.2 fine both with old firmware version and with latest firmware that got installed after loading raspberry pi os updates on it.