Libreelec and install pihole or adguard

• Hello,

I’m a new user on rasp and Linux (know some basics) and installed successfully libreelec on my rasp.

I’ve searched on this forum how to do it, but bash commands are not supported on libreelec.

Is it possibly to get the pihole installed via SSH? if so, can I get help how to do that?

Many thanks for your help!! :saint:

• howdy!

by any means not an expert and albeit i know what it does, i've never used/installed pihole, but i think your best bet is docker. there's an addon in the LibreElec repo. the docker image is here. there's posts here and here about pihole.

perhaps it's also worth having a look at portainer. it might come in handy to create and manage docker containers through your browser.

• i actually purchased a cheap RPI zero just to run pihole and pivpn on its dedicated device. That way if I had issues I could isolate the device without messing up my kodi setup on its separate RPI device. And it works for me easy this way as a new lunix user

• It worked! Seems to installed the wrong docker… :’). Had installed docker image.. I have now pihole up and running.

Thnx for the links! It helped me out