libreELEC 10.0.2 crashed

• i used liberelec 9 for some years now and i installed a fresh new installation of libreelec 10.0.2

installation worked

but then i added skin eaon nox silvo. ( 1e it failed to install, 2e try it installed )

it looks stable and ok

then i made the setting, which i also used at libreelec 9

but after some time , it become unstable . it was switching pictures between main menu and the matrix picture and so on. then crash > reboot > safemode :(

crash log

http://ix.io/3WOI

After a reboot , new start up i had a second crash

Edited 5 times, last by niek: Merged a post created by niek into this post. (May 3, 2022 at 6:40 AM).

• It looks like when i ""turn off" system and then "turn on" looks i think ok

But when i press " reboot system" , it crashes i tested this 2x.. (it switches off en restarts again. After start up, main menu is opens, then it switches to the matrix screen and then main menu again , and so on etc. after around 10sec crash, reboot and safemode

• The crash is occurring in python (guessing the add on) and there are a couple of warnings in the log about XML invalid from the skin.

Can you please try with the default skin. If the default skin is ok. Then you may want to check https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210069 and see if there is a fix/known issue/…

Code
    Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.                                                                                  #0  __strlen_sse2 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/../strlen.S:120                                                                          [Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x7f311ffff640 (LWP 1262))]
  • hi Heitbaum, thx for helping me in this case

I will try the standard skin, finding out if the problem is really the Silvo skin related.

It was also really strange that the installation of the extra skin silvo, was an issue. (First time it did failed to install, second time it installed but took some time to install)

I used silvo skin for many years now, in combination with libreelec versions I used. For me it is the perfect skin

• If it's crashing with the default skin then the issue is likely an add-on that's installed. The main approach to that is either disabling all add-ons and then (assuming that stops the crashing) you start reenabling them until you find the culprit; or you stop Kodi and move the current install out of the way (preserving it) so you restart with a clean setup. Now you can stop/copy/restart and progressively copy back stuff from the working install (or reinstall things) until you find the crashy thing. I personally prefer the clean-start approach as that generally exorcises or spring-cleans a pile of other Kodi related cruft that's accumulated over time too.

• i did already a clean new install with le10.0.2.

And i did install the add-on:

-dutch language

-Silvo skin

-Keymap editor(before installing this addon i had already the problem)

And further, no other if im correct

But the strage thing is, during installing the silvo skin i had some problems.

But is switching over to the standard enough?

Could it be possible when silvo is added to the list, without runing it , be a problem to?

First i will switch to standard (disable the addons)

If still the issue remains, a new installation must be done

• I also noticed same crash after installed Zattoo PVR on Libreelec 10.0.2 installed on intel Hardware (Intel Nuc). I don't know if is a problem of libreelec (last release) or zattoo pvr. I also reported it to rbuehlma author of Zattoo PVR. It is tested with the last release of Libreelec fresh installed and with only Zattoo PVR Client addon installed

Edited once, last by orione7 (May 3, 2022 at 7:32 PM).

• orione7

Im using a HTPC, with a asrock motherboard(cpu onboard)

which skin are you using , and are you changing the language ?

the problem is not alwasy present , sometimes it is working fine . But mostely when startup it switches between main and matrix screen

But when i get the time entering the main menu, it looks after that stable. if it is running , then it looks no problem anymore

So it looks only at startup, the issue can be triggered

Edited once, last by niek (May 3, 2022 at 10:12 PM).

• I have installed the stock skin and language (Estuary, English), the issue also happen with the skin Confluence. I think the issue is not related to the skin but in general with Matrix version of Libreelec 10. I have only Zattoo pvr client installed and if I don't find a solution here I', forced to downgrade to the 9.2 and wait until a new version come out.

Update: just for test I tried the Generic build of nightly version Libreelec 11 and the crash with zattoo disappear. Unfortunately this version have other kind of problems for example not all repository work with it.

Edited 2 times, last by orione7 (May 4, 2022 at 3:38 AM).

• i disabled my addons at existing installation

-dutch language

-Silvo skin

-Keymap editor

so should be standard libreelec > same problem

• made a second time a new installation with LE10

- standard > still no issues

- installed keymap editor > still no issues

- installed Dutch language > still no issues

did several reboots for it > still no issues

now doing every time some small settings and testing, maybe it is a setting which results in a system crash ??

• strange i cannot get a finger on it ,

installed alle addons , no problem at all. Then i add first the movies directory.

reboot / restarted again several times , no issue

but when i added more series en kids movies(al lot of movies series) , then it started the issue again

suddenly without notice, just somewhere in a menu

• For now i installed 9.2.6 back again

i need a more stable version, so everyone at home kan use the mediabox . I hope in time a more stable version of LE and/ or add-ons will follow