No internet connection but IP from the router

• I'm running LE10 on a raspberry pi 3. I had problems with wifi from the first moment but offen after a reboot it worked. Now, wifi doesn't work anymore. I see the IP in LE-add but can't connect to the internet. I used dhcp and static ip. i have deleted all settings and tried again. also SSH doesn't work. yesterday installing a docker image worked fine, today nothing is working. is there a problem with docker and network?

I tried the internal wifi and a external wifi dongle using a powered hub. always the same.

• Hi Samy,

I am not firm with LibreElec but I am a Linux Admin - let me see if I can help u.

First : Pi3 is known to have wireless issues (with the internal NIC). There will be packet losses (check the net to find out more about it and how to fix it).

Second: U said u got an IP address. Can u post the output of ifconfig or ip add sh ? Is there a default route (route -n ) ?

Using docker makes things better and worse the same time. U have to configure the docker package the right way to use the docker NAT to connect to your virtual machine (port forwarding). Make sure port 22 is forwarded if you want to use ssh.

BR

Andy

Edited once, last by Helium75 (April 10, 2022 at 9:26 AM).

• Forget about mysteries, ghosts and hardware failures in your RPi. Go to settings and delete your WiFi connection, then connect again and enter your password again. If the first time doesn't work, delete the connection again and try again. If it continues to fail, it is most likely that your WiFi is subject to interference from other WiFi: Install a WiFi analyzer on your smartphone to find out what is happening and finally change the WiFi broadcast channel on your router.

• "[Forget about mysteries, ghosts and hardware failures in your RPi.]"

^^

... always a pleasure to meet people like u.

>> is there a problem with docker and network?

Docker is using NAT (.. and port forwarding) . Make sure its configured correctling in your yaml file.

Can u "ping" the host (pi3) ? You said that u can't ssh into the machine. Which one ? The host or the docker image ?

If there is ssh already active on your host u might have to choose a different port to forward and connect.

Cheers

Helium