Posts by sam-y

Hi,

i'm not sure whether my TV is supporting all HDMI-CEC features. I installed LE on my Raspberry Pi 4 and i could control kodi with the tv remote. Can i test the functionality on the command line (connected via SSH) to make sure the TV is supporting it?

Hi,

when i connect to the LE using SSH and open a file with the Editor nano and then hold down a button (cursor or any other key) the screen is flickering.

It seems to be a problem with nano because this problem doesn't occure with vim or outside nano.

I have this problem since LE11 (nvidia legacy) but not on LE10.

I'm running LE10 on a raspberry pi 3. I had problems with wifi from the first moment but offen after a reboot it worked. Now, wifi doesn't work anymore. I see the IP in LE-add but can't connect to the internet. I used dhcp and static ip. i have deleted all settings and tried again. also SSH doesn't work. yesterday installing a docker image worked fine, today nothing is working. is there a problem with docker and network?

I tried the internal wifi and a external wifi dongle using a powered hub. always the same.

but how can i install an image that is not in the repo. can i install it manually? when i connect to libreelec using ssh and try to run something like 'docker' or 'docker --help' there is the message that nothing is installed.

at the moment i've only installed the linuxserver.io-repo not docker itself.

Hi,

on Linux i can run a command using the files that are found with 'find' as input with that command line

Code
    find /input/path -type f -name "*.mkv" -exec echo  {} \;

where is {} the file name.

Thats doesn't work on LibreELEC. Here i have this error

Code
    find: echo: No such file or directory

Hi,

the command line file manager midnight commander is installed together with an addon (system tools i think). On my normal ubuntu mc is running with the skin modarin256.ini because the default skin is really ugly. But i can't start mc with the skin on libreelec (mc -S /storage/modarin256.ini). There is the error

Code
    Unable to use '/storage/modarin256.ini' skin with 256 colors support
    on non-256 colors terminal.
    Default skin has been loaded

Can i run the terminal in 256 color mode?

I had the problem again a few days ago and here is the log.

Code
    journalctl -u smbd -f
    -- Journal begins at Tue 2021-12-14 14:17:02 CET. --
    Dec 14 14:17:02 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Samba SMB Daemon...
    Dec 14 14:17:02 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Samba SMB Daemon.
    Dec 14 14:17:02 LibreELEC smbd[968]: [2021/12/14 14:17:02.625961,  0] ../../lib/util/become_daemon.c:135(daemon_ready)
    Dec 14 14:17:02 LibreELEC smbd[968]:   daemon_ready: daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections

the smb server box is connected via ethernet, too ?

yes.

one of this has caused trouble for some users (I guess the first one)

server max protocol ?

server min protocol ?

i tried all compinations from sm1 to smb3. its the same every time.