TVHeadend & Windows-compatible filenames

• I have Windows-compatible filenames: set and it works for an actual programme name, unfortunately a folder name can still contain banned characters (eg : as in NEW: Ipcress File) which makes it awkward to transfer to Windows. The only way I've found so far is to SSH in and rename the folder, copy it and then rename back.

Is there a switch in TVHeadend that I've missed?

• I have Windows-compatible filenames: set and it works for an actual programme name, unfortunately a folder name can still contain banned characters (eg : as in NEW: Ipcress File) which makes it awkward to transfer to Windows. The only way I've found so far is to SSH in and rename the folder, copy it and then rename back.

Tick the:

Remove all unsafe characters from filename:

setting...

colon will be replaced by underscore..

In the TVHeadEnd web interface,

Configuration->Recording->Digital Video Recorder Profiles

In the group for 'Filename/Tagging Settings' there is 'Use Windows-compatible filenames'. The setting mentioned by Mario77 is a couple above this.

• elliottmc

Whilst I didn't use "Use Windows-compatible filenames" as I indicated this is already set

Mario77

Where is "Remove all unsafe characters from filename:"? I don't seem to have it in my version

Sorry, missed that. I have 'Use Windows-compatible filenames' set, and it works fine for me.

Which version of LibreElec/TVHeadend do you have?

• elliottmc

My version is Build: 4.2.8-36 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.2.0.123 (2020-08-24T19:03:55-0400)

Running on RPi3. I have a couple of issues with CEC on my RPi4 but I'm hoping to change to that shortly.

Mario77

Definitely not my version - for starters I don't have pretty colours :(

Maybe when I switch to the RPi4

• Mario77

Definitely not my version - for starters I don't have pretty colours :(

HTS Tvheadend 4.3-1906 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.2.0.444

But I m sure that setting was there since forever

setting is in -> configuration - recording and scroll down to filename/tagging settings

• Mario77

<<But I m sure that setting was there since forever>>

You have 10 parameters in that section, mine only has 4. Its not a major problem since it happens infrequently and I have a workround.

• Mario77

<<But I m sure that setting was there since forever>>

You have 10 parameters in that section, mine only has 4. Its not a major problem since it happens infrequently and I have a workround.

go to configuration - users - highlight username - change user interface level to expert...voila

• I know this is old but I have both those settings ticked and it still creates folders with : in, e.g. "new : xxxx" this is not compatible with windows. Filenames are ok but not the Folder names.

• I know this is old but I have both those settings ticked and it still creates folders with : in, e.g. "new : xxxx" this is not compatible with windows. Filenames are ok but not the Folder names.

What is your setting in

Code
    Format string/Pathname specification:

Format string/Pathname specification:

• If you need to create folders same as title of show and title name is showing properly you need to add

Code
    /$t/

in front of your  Format string/Pathname specification seetting

Should look something like this:

Code
    /$t/$e-$t-%F$n.$x
  • Same problem here, but worse, the remove unsafe chars and windows compatible filename options only seems to work with the filename not the folder name (actually it might work intermittently which is even odder). But the problem is I am using exFat formatted external drive so any recording with for example a : in like New: xxx fails when trying to create this directory. I moved away from formatting the external drive with a linux format as every time I had a power cut the drive would get corrupted. exfat doesn't do this, but now there is the problem with filenames. I am really struggling to find a solution. Ay thoughts appreciated.