Posts by pjm.47

Hi thanks for the replies. I'm running on an intel nuc with and external USB drive.

Setting the folder name manually to avoid anything windows unsafe does seem to work however not a very user friendly solution, the Mrs would would have no idea what that means so that isn't going to work.

So NTFS formatted drive - works ok for the filenames but a seems a recent driver update is causing massive corruption problems (I've experience this several times on power cuts, many posts on this but couldn't see an answer except to put the disk into a windows pc and run checkdisk, which of course then deletes anything windows doesn't like!)

exFat seems stable but doesn't support linux filenames at all, and tvheadend windows compatible filenames doesn't work with the folders as we have discovered.

Maybe I could try Ext4 next and lose windows compatibility altogether, is this an option for usb drives? how would I format the drive? And I really don't want to loose all my recordings yet again if that's at all possible.

Same problem here, but worse, the remove unsafe chars and windows compatible filename options only seems to work with the filename not the folder name (actually it might work intermittently which is even odder). But the problem is I am using exFat formatted external drive so any recording with for example a : in like New: xxx fails when trying to create this directory. I moved away from formatting the external drive with a linux format as every time I had a power cut the drive would get corrupted. exfat doesn't do this, but now there is the problem with filenames. I am really struggling to find a solution. Ay thoughts appreciated.

Hi, running latest LE on intel NUC with dual USB tuners. I am having problems with kodi intermittently not tuning when switching live Freeview tv channels or recording. Maybe 1 in 10 channel changes it fails but its random. I just get a failed to play error message. Been running LE for years without problems on the same hardware but this issue has been going on for a while now maybe since LE 10 or 11 upgrade but that might be coincidence.

I have tried reinstalling everything from scratch. I used to run TVHeadend but switched to NextPVR on the clean install, its exactly the same.

I tried running with just one tuner to eliminate the dual setup, and I swapped them over to eliminate a hardware failure, still get the same issue.

latest logs at http://ix.io/4ulk

I would really appreciate any help, I'm stuck as to what to do next.

Update - have installed nextPVR on Windows and connected the same USB tuners. No problems at all so far, so I'm thinking this must be an LE/Driver issue but I have no idea what I can do about it.

Ok I see the problem the "Number of Days to keep recorded files" setting in TVHeadend web interface seems to have no relation to the Timer Rules setting in Kodi. So setting it to keep recordings "forever" in TVHeadend doesn't actually do anything, the default in Kodi is still to delete after 3 months. What a nonsense. Is this a known bug?

Attached the latest log from the "\logfiles" folder. They only go back as far as the 15th July, don't know why. There are also some old logs from February and March and then nothing until the yesterday so I guess they are being deleted periodically. The issue occurred a few days a go so it wont show up in this log but posted it anyway.log-2017-07-16-12.41.14.zip

Might not be related but the autorec logs \\KODI-PI3\Userdata\addon_data\service.tvheadend42\dvr\autorec contain:

"retention": 2147483646,
    "removal": 92,

the config log \\KODI-PI3\Userdata\addon_data\service.tvheadend42\dvr\config contains:

"retention-days": 2147483646,
    "removal-days": 2147483647,

does this help?

ok looking a bit further it looks like in general anything more than about 3 months old has gone. There are lots of entries in the Addons.log file like: "...scheduled for recording by "127.0.0.1", retention "On file removal" removal "92 days" "

What does this mean? 92 days is suspiciously like the length of time after which my recordings have been deleted. Could it be related? why on earth would it do this terrible thing when the "DVR file retention period" is set to forever. :)??

Is there any way of fixing it?

Hi, I've been using LibreElec for a while now and it has been very good. But all of a sudden about 70% of my TV recordings just disappeared, doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, its not necessarily the oldest ones, nor just the watched ones. Some folders survived intact, others had half or more of the files missing, its very odd. Not exactly sure when it happened but just discovered loads of stuff missing both from the listings and the storage folder on the disk (windows share).

I'm using the latest LibreElec and TVHeadend on RPi3. I had set TVHeadend to keep recordings for ever.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this or knows of any explanation. Obviously it is quite annoying and means I can't trust this setup anymore. I would really appreciate any ideas as at least with an explanation I might be able to carry on using LibreElec.

Thanks

OK thanks we are getting closer, I tried using:

<remote>
    <select mod="longpress">ContextMenu</select>
    </remote>

This now brings up the context menu when pressing 'ok' on the remote but it brings it up all the time regardless of how long the keypress is, which means the ok button now doesn't work for short presses!

I also tried using 'enter' instead of 'select' but this did nothing. The debug log says "DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 106466:1c 0 KEY_ENTER $" so I tried 'KEY_ENTER' as well but this did nothing.

Any thoughts?

Try this

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <select mod="longpress">ContextMenu</select>
      </global>
    </keymap>

or

XML
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <keyboard>
          <return mod="longpress">ContextMenu</return>
          <enter mod="longpress">ContextMenu</enter>
        <keyboard>
      </global>
    </keymap>

"enter", "return" or "select" might not be the button id, but you can easily know the button id with the Keymap editor addon,
    also might not make any difference but my .xml file is called keymap.xml

[hr]
    Thanks, I will give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies,

yes the guide button works but I got used to the long-press when I was running kodi in windows and I really miss it now it's gone so was trying to fix this.

Sounds like the long press mod is what I need. From the link above I have created a new xml file:
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/key.xml

containing:

<keymap>
    <global>
    <appcommand>
    <button mod="longpress">action</button>
    </appcommand>
    </global>
    </keymap>

also tried <button mod="longpress">Enter</button>

followed by rebooting.

Sadly it didn't work but I don't really know what I'm doing.

I feel this is along the right lines though so any suggestions as to what I've done wrong really appreciated.

Hi, just discovered LibreELEC, I'm running it on raspberry pi3 and I must say it's brilliant. Just one problem I have though is that when using Kodi in Windows I can hold down the ok button on the Media Center Remote control to bring up the context menu. But on the LibreELEC Rpi build this no longer works, holding down ok button just repeats lots of ok presses. I'm actually using a Logitech remote with a Microsoft IR receiver, it may be something to do with that but like I say it worked fine on Windows with Kodi.
    So has anyone else come across this and is there a way of fixing it? (I'm ok with Linux and editing config files etc).
    Thanks
    Paul