PVR Seek issue with 10.0.2

• Since upgrading to 10.0.2 all has been working perfectly, loving de-interlacing when watching live TV now!

However one issue I've noticed is when playing back recorded TV content, sometimes when I step forward +30 seconds to skip the ad breaks, playback and audio appears fine, but the picture is frozen on a random frame. Skipping forward or backward resolves the issue and the picture comes good.

It's kinda frustrating as I use my Right Arrow key to skip the adds in 30 second increments and this is happening every 4th or 5th time.

Has anyone else experienced this? This was fine on 10.0.1, it only appears to happen with recorded TV (pvr) content. MP4 seems to be fine

Hardware as follows:

RPi4 8gb running 10.0.2

PVR client is htsp, Tv-headend backend client (hosted on a remote server)

Using default playback settings, ie DRM PRIME encoder, hardware acceleration is enabled, direct-to-plane

EEPROM firmware = 2022-01-25

• Hi,

I am seeing regular crashes with live TV and 10.0.2. It tends to be after seeking/pausing, and I get a lot of green artefacts on screen, and then it will reboot.

It's not a full LibreElec reboot, as if there is a TVHeadEnd recording running, it doesn't get messed up.

Been using LibreElec 10.0.1 with TVHeadEnd for a long time without any issues.

Logs attached.

Should I just update by 'main' system to LE11 nightlies?

Best wishes,

Mark

• You may try but please note the latest LE nightlies are not currently so rock stable as you would expect. I am experiencing occasional Kodi crash and restart, usually when a some operation is performed during Live TV watching (it may be even Volume Up / Down, open Settings menu etc.).

• Can you please test this build: https://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/libr…759-4d9d4e2.tar

It contains a fix that might help with your seeking issue (it's the same fix that was included in nightlies a few days ago and seems to have helped ghtester).

so long,

Hias

Just tested with this update....it seems to be a little better, seems to happen less often now, but unfortunately its still happening

Thanks

Edited once, last by chimpchump (March 29, 2022 at 3:45 AM).