Wifi Key Invalid 10.0.2

• Got my RPi400 set up with LibreELEC. It works fine but it won't connect to wifi. Says "Key Invalid." I know the wifi password is correct. I checked it. It works on ethernet of course, but when I try to connect to my wifi it just asks for the password and then says key invalid. Also it tends to crash when I try to Connect to a wireless network.

Log file

• I SSH'd into the Pi and used connmanctl.

connmanctl

Agent On

scan wifi

services

connect [my wifi name]

"You are already connected"

disconnect [my wifi name]

connect [my wifi name]

I was able to disconnect from my Wifi and reconnect. Eventually. It didn't work the second time even though I verified I was on Ethernet. The command worked this time for whatever reason. It never prompted for the wifi password though.

I restarted it and tested it without Ethernet. It seems to work for now! At least on this boot cycle...

Edited once, last by GORBULAN: Merged a post created by GORBULAN into this post. (March 17, 2022 at 7:49 PM).

• Deployed in the living room and it suffers from the same problem again. Same key invalid error in the GUI set up for Wifi. SSH connmanctl says my Wifi is connected though. But it fails to connect to anything Internet. Library scans and Addons.

Okay now it can't find my wifi. Doesn't show up with the services command for some reason.

• I have the same problem. LibreElec (new yesterday) 10.0.2.

I tried to connect to a Mikrotik, RouterOS v6.49 (stable) configuration, in Chile, with this is the wifi configuration:

In the LibreELec GUI, when tried to wifi connect said: "invalid key".

With LibreElec 10.0.2, with the same wifi configuration "some time" connect sometime no.

now, with the upgrade I connect to this forum (today too!)

Some changes recomendation in wifi parameters??

Paulo

• Same issue with me. RPi 4 LE 10.0.2. Won't connect to wifi. Always says "invalid-key", when I'm sure the key entered is correct (re-entered many times). I noticed that this happened a few days after I updated to 10.x.x. Router settings were not modified. Any tips what to try. Thank you very much.

• I have the exact same problem, my Raspberry won't connect to any kind of secured wifi and keeps showing the "invalid-key" error even if the key is correct. I've been connecting to my phone's hotspot in unsecured mode so far (I live too far away from anyone for it to be dangerous). No settings on the router nor on the Raspberry/LibreElec were changed.

Any tips?

Thank you :)

• Same problem. Smth wrong with wifi. I just can't connect. System goes into reboot or invalid key, but when it occasionally works it can't connect after reboot or next start again, and password is lost everytime.

• The issue is likely to be something with either wifi drivers or wpa_supplicant. Experiment with an LE11 nightly as we now use iwd instead of wpa_supplicant. Any change? NB: Reporting isses with no system logs means we have nothing to investigate from.

• I had the same problem (LE 10.0.2 on 4gb RPI4b.)

For me, the issue only affected 5Ghz WIFI, and only when the system time was incorrect, like if I power down overnight.

I found a workaround for this: I was able to connect to a 2.4Ghz WIFI network, let ntp update the time/date, and once it was correct, I could connect to my faster 5Ghz network. Although very cumbersome, it was much better than nothing.

One last note: my router's 2.4G WIFI PSK is WPA/WPA2 mode. Switching to WPA2-only broke the workaround.

• LE11 onwards uses iwd not wpa_supplicant, so considering that LE10 is basically a dead codebase now (one final update will come for K19.5, but we aren't investigating and tinkering with anything else in the OS) .. test nightlies.

• Issue on Tinkerboard v.1 (Rockship build)

Like the others I experienced the same problem with LE10(But using the Rockship build for Tinkerboard).

Issue both on LE10 and LE11

So I installed the nightly build of LE11(From 29th of december 2022) and was unable to get the Wifi working.

Can see the wifi but not connect

I can see the wifi SSIDs. When pressing connect it prompts me for password but keeps giving me invalid key(And I want to recall LE11 gave me something like Network I/O Error after invalid key)

I have tried different Wifi APs

I have tried with both a mikrotik Wifi AP and hostapd on a raspberry pi and have the same issue.

Was working with other OS

Wifi was working with TinkerOS default OS 10 minutes before.

• I have the same problem with LE 10.0.4: can't connect to my 5 Ghz WiFi getting "invalid-key" as response.

The entered password is 100% correct, also tried to edit it directly in the connman profile via ssh.

I have 2 different SSIDS, one for 2.4 and one for 5 Ghz. Both use WPA2 without PMF and the same Password.

Connections to the 2.4 Ghz SSID work just fine (same password!) but the speeds are very very low resulting in always buffering / stuttering playback. Trying to connect to the 5 Ghz SSIDs results in "invalid-key".

After finding this thread I updated to the LE 11.0.0 release, no difference / same problem. Any ideas?

Edited once, last by Ulathar (March 9, 2023 at 12:03 AM).

• I face the same problem, had a working configuration, but don't know when the bug appeared in the near past. But when doing some tests und checking, I realized that some parameter got changed wihtin the setting of my WiFi-configuration:

my old setting within ~/.cache/connman/wifi_[...]_managed_psk was:

Name=[deleted]

SSID=[deleted]

Frequency=5200

Favorite=true

AutoConnect=true

Modified=2021-02-02T16:29:52Z

Passphrase=****************

IPv4.method=dhcp

IPv4.DHCP.LastAddress=192.168.0.38

IPv6.method=off

IPv6.privacy=disabled

after trying to connect via connmanctl (see above) I got:

Name=[deleted]

SSID=[deleted]

Frequency=0

Favorite=true

AutoConnect=true

Modified=2023-03-09T14:42:47Z

Passphrase=****************

IPv4.method=dhcp

IPv6.method=off

IPv6.privacy=disabled

So the parameter of frequency changed from a working setting of 5200 to 0. Maybe this might help to track down this bug.

Normaly I use a LAN connection, but a new Raspberry Pi 4 with LibreELEC 11.0 wants to be at a friends house where only WiFi is possible.

• I also noticed that Frequency=0 in my config files but didn't know the previous/correct value. Will give it a try as soon as possible and report back if it did the trick, thanks for the hint!

Edit: Nope, that parameter had no effect, still "invalid-key". This also happens immediatly. Like that nanosecond I click the connect button. No way that it actually tried to do stuff / handshake with the router or something I would say.

Edited once, last by Ulathar (March 9, 2023 at 4:24 PM).

• I also switched off the 2.4 GHz network and only use 5 GHz for better connections. Hope, this problem can be solved soon. I tried many images of nighties and betas ... all the same. I suspect the iw-subsystem what replaces wpa_supplicant; but who handles now the psk-password-stuff?

Edited once, last by ajbathe (March 10, 2023 at 1:59 AM).

• Also noticed WIFI issues. I assumed it was related to the new addition of the RT88xx drivers from about a week ago. Have 1 Odroid-C2 using ethernet and switched a second Odroid-C2 to LibreElec from an old version of a different OS that I was keeping on it because of the 5GHz Wifi. Switched over when I noticed the new drivers in the nightlies. For me it seems I get a passphrase popup if I leave the box idle for a while. Entering the passphrase just says wrong passphrase. Only way to fix it is to unplug the Wifi adapter and plug it back in.

• I try to follow the way described in Connman and wifi - no connection so far

Code
    connmanctl
    agent on
    scan wifi
    services

works as expected, but

Code
    connect wpa_your_network_psk

gives this message

Error /net/connman/service/wifi_e45f01a86411_4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_managed_psk: Input/output error

Agent request cancelled by ConnMan

Retry (yes/no)? connmanctl>

a try with the gui immediately after my input of the password gets this message seen by journalctl -f

Mar 10 14:01:50 raspi4 dbus-daemon[380]: [system] Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_return", sender=":1.10" (uid=0 pid=1058 comm="/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs") interface="(unset)" member="(unset)" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.4" (uid=0 pid=729 comm="/usr/sbin/connmand -nr --config=/etc/connman/main.")