Can't set long WiFi passphrise

• Hi,

I have generated 63-characters WiFi password for all devices in my house, so I can't really change it just for RPi.

For some reason, I can't set it in connman config either - get "invalid-key" error.

I also tried to convert the password to 64 digit with wpa_passphrase, no luck.

Both methods work in connman on Ubuntu (version 1.36 vs 1.39 on LE).

If I temporary change the password to a fake 12345678, then it works on RPi.

Could someone confirm the problem, at least? I'm on LE 10.0.1 for RPi4.

• Could someone confirm the problem, at least?

63-character passwords are pointless. Anything over 20-characters is computationally infeasible to brute-force and a serious attempt to crack your network (if you're someone worth targetting) will either focus on a protocol or implementation flaw, or https://xkcd.com/538/ :)

Regardless, it's a known issue and the workaround is to use connmanctl over SSH to join the network.

• 63-character passwords are pointless.

It's a matter of well-established password I already use for all my devices (adding new devices via WPS mostly) , and changing it is not feasible.

Regardless, it's a known issue and the workaround is to use connmanctl over SSH to join the network.

That doesn't work either - the same "invalid-key" error..

I'm not quite sure how further debug the problem.

To have a connection, I'm going to supply a config to wpa_supplicant. If someone has ready solution, please share.