10.0.2 RPi400 no video after rainbow w/fresh install

• I got a Raspberry Pi400 Keyboard. Installed a fresh 10.0.2 with the SD card it came with. There is no stable video "connection". I see the rainbow test, then it loses signal. I see the LibreELEC logo, then it loses signal again. The HDMI cable is connected to the port nearest the USB-C power SD card slot. It boots fine since I can connect to over SSH. It seems like it is not getting the right HDMI parameters? Is there a command I can type in to config or cmdline.txt to force an HDMI mode or something? Thank you!

Edited once, last by GORBULAN (March 13, 2022 at 8:02 PM).

• Hi,

I had somewhat similar issue with one of my rpi4 setups connected to relatively old TV.

I added

Code
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=20

To /flash/config.txt and it got the issue fixed.

• On the RPi 400 you have to use the HDMI connector next to the SD card slot.

so long,

Hias

I must have been mistaken. That's the output with the weak signal. The TV receives an unstable signal. The inputs keep changing rapidly as though some HDMI source is trying to connect over and over.

Hi,

I had somewhat similar issue with one of my rpi4 setups connected to relatively old TV.

I added

Code
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=20

To /flash/config.txt and it got the issue fixed.

I tried that. No change at all. HDMI output is still bad.

I can SSH into it. I wonder if there are commands I can use so I can figure out where it is erroring.

• I can SSH into it. I wonder if there are commands I can use so I can figure out where it is erroring.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

PS: Activate debug logging (level 2) on advancedsettings.xml (file has to be manually created), if you can't access the GUI.

• GORBULAN I'd recommend you add "drm.debug=0x04" to the end of /flash/cmdline.txt (after "quiet", all on the same line) first, this will provide some more debug info about video stuff.

Then reboot, ssh in and run "pastekodi" - and post the URL you got.

so long,

Hias

• You've added drm.debug as a separate line in cmdline.txt - that doesn't work, eveything has to be in a single line. Please fix that and post a new log.

so long,

Hias

• GORBULAN your log indeed shows the TV is constantly connecting and disconnecting. I'd recommend checking your cabling, a bad cable or connection (it could also be one of the HDMI connectors) can cause such issues.

You could try to work around it by installing a permanent EDID and video setting (in this case the TV's hotplug signal will be ignored) by running "getedid create" - but that'll be a bit tricky as you'd need to catch the right moment when the TV signals connected so it will probably take a few tries until that script completes successfully without errors.

so long,

Hias

• Good news! It was least likely thing that ever happens. It was the cable! I tried a regular HDMI cable and a mini adapter and it works. Rebooted, everything still functional. Also got it connected to wifi which did not work in a previous version.

Now on to the new problem...where are all the skins? In the official repository under Look and Feel, there is only one Skin listed, Estouchy. Did every skin get removed from LibreELEC for some reason?

• Cabling issues are actually quite common :) Nice to hear it's working now.

Skins are all there, you probably just need to refresh repos - push left to open the side pane and choose check for updates.

so long,

Hias