Kodi crashes when trying to play a second video, using Jellyfin add-on

• Hello,

after updating LibreELEC to a new version, built on 2022-03-06 (ab55701). I've started experiencing Kodi crashes, on my RPi4, when trying to play a video, crashes on the 2nd video after booting, using Jellyfin add-on (Jellyfin server is not local), also it seems to crash whenever I go to the settings in the add-on. After reboots, I can play 1 video fine, when trying to load the second one it crashes. I have went through few earlier builds as well (e.g. build date 2022-02-22 (ae4b7d)) to check if the problem exists, it still does. If I'm missing something, please let me know, I'll try to provide it asap.

When using the stable build it (add-on) works fine, nightly - no.
    Playing videos of a USB stick, works fine. using jellyfin add-on - no.

Crash log after playing the 2nd video: http://ix.io/3RNg
    Crash log after entering settings within the addon: http://ix.io/3RNI

Wasn't sure where to post the issue, here or to Jellyfin team. but since it worked on previous versions of LibreELEC figured, I'd try here first. If this is indeed a add-on problem I will try to contact the Jellyfin team.

• Hello,

I do have the exact same behavior (even with the latest - 03-11 build), first video launch OK, the second one lead to a reboot...

Pretoriano, i could give a try, but i don't know where to retrieve this (old) build... not available anymore on test.libreelec.tv...) ,and i guess that to roll back to a previous build is possible only with a full reinstall ?

• Hello,

I do have the exact same behavior (even with the latest - 03-11 build), first video launch OK, the second one lead to a reboot...

Pretoriano, i could give a try, but i don't know where to retrieve this (old) build... not available anymore on test.libreelec.tv...) ,and i guess that to roll back to a previous build is possible only with a full reinstall ?

If it's not available, then you will have to build it yourself (that's what i do for my RPi4).

You only need the update.tar file, then push it to the .update folder and reboot. Your settings will still be there.

• Pretoriano I did the rebuild of chewitt amlogic branch up to commit c4dff4fd12f51c7f03d0858fb6e392a778c3e9c9.

Vanilla chewitt branch, second playback through the jellyfin addon, segfault of kodi and it restarts itself.

Chewitt branch with python reverted to python 3.8.12, no crash.

I reverted commits 006e9ffca229cc44fcdc04fb2f75b72fc130f8a6 "Python3: update to 3.9.11" and 1f01979e543218def7eead275ab69b124b16d19a "Python3: update to 3.9.10"