[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• Hi All

I have now some test done, like to find the clock pin of a chip who clock is below the chip and not reachable, I found

that the empty space for a normal memory chip did work, and have maskrom back.

I have tryed different libreelec images, but when I put it internal with multitool, it does not boot, or even did brick the box,

that is why i had to find the clock pin. On the arbian forum I had some help, but I need to be here because it is for a movie

box with digital out who drive later the dac i am building with tube outputs.

So have to test and learn.

• I just tested both LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230925-65bd849-rk322x.img and LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20240218-d7324fb-rk322x.img and they both seem to work fine except that 10.0 doesnt support wifi chip.

ilmich

I wanted to try (again) to install to internal using multitool but it doesnt boot multitool at all (screen is blank, cant remember if I have to do something else) yet your images boot fine. Am I missing something? I thought that multitool boot was "fixed" on my device.

• keesijp60 Your box seems to have a type of internal memory called emcp (basically RAM and storage are in a single chip). I don't know if you can send the output of a uart serial, but I'll try to make some changes,
    Regarding your project, time, and several versions of libreleec ago, a user connected an rk322x box to an amplifier through the spdif digital output.

lukeluke1979
    March 31, 2022 at 1:59 PM

Maybe you can take a look to understand the potential of your box (the instructions also apply to my builds).

ochentay4 Finally, some time ago I found a box identical to yours. So being able to do some tests I also managed to get the wifi working (but only on libreelec 11)
    as regards the installation in nand (as in your case), from libreelec 11 it's no longer supported (as indicated in the first post that no one reads 8o). unfortunately, the source code is not available and with the new kernels, the nand binary no longer works.
    Maybe one day this may change. But considering that in my case a couple of nands chip start to corrupt!!! So I always recommend installing it on the SD card because it's more manageable (backups, replacements, etc. etc.)

• Oke.

build 10 do work best, can watch movies and install things but I can not see the browser in kodi, I have install that.

Why youtube do ask a pin averytime, very annoying.

Most of the tv apps do not work, some do.

wifi chip sv5662p do not work, I search for solution.

mXq 4k pro box rt3229. The volume did not work on libreelec 11, but the rest did, version 10 do not remember the settings, I have change, like subtitles has to be put on everytime, I did set it right overwriting old settings but nothing happens. Sometimes when movie is done and go to the next, the box crash.

but I am suprised of the speed, and easyness of this software and os, keep on guys.

• keesijp60 Your box seems to have a type of internal memory called emcp (basically RAM and storage are in a single chip). I don't know if you can send the output of a uart serial, but I'll try to make some changes,
    Regarding your project, time, and several versions of libreleec ago, a user connected an rk322x box to an amplifier through the spdif digital output.

lukeluke1979
    March 31, 2022 at 1:59 PM

Maybe you can take a look to understand the potential of your box (the instructions also apply to my builds).

ochentay4 Finally, some time ago I found a box identical to yours. So being able to do some tests I also managed to get the wifi working (but only on libreelec 11)
    as regards the installation in nand (as in your case), from libreelec 11 it's no longer supported (as indicated in the first post that no one reads 8o). unfortunately, the source code is not available and with the new kernels, the nand binary no longer works.
    Maybe one day this may change. But considering that in my case a couple of nands chip start to corrupt!!! So I always recommend installing it on the SD card because it's more manageable (backups, replacements, etc. etc.)

ilmich hi! i read it, i wanted to install libreelec 10 on it. dont worry. wifi works fantastic on libreelec 11. im surprised how good both builds work, it really did change a lot in a year! I have contacted (again) jock on armbian forum to make multitool work on this box so maybe I can get armbian on nand and libreelec 11 on sd. i couldnt be more grateful to you for your work.

• consider that mine is an unofficial build of libreelec which is based on kodi, so I don't deal with addons and although I wanted to help you, you didn't attach any log :(
    I can tell you that I use it every day (as I believe other users do too) and I don't have any problems whatsoever

edit: there is no usable open source driver for sv5662p so better if you use ethernet or a USB wifi card
    try this test build : https://ilmich.libreelec.tv/libreelec-11/test/ and let me know if you can install it in emcp memory

• ilmich hi! i read it, i wanted to install libreelec 10 on it. dont worry. wifi works fantastic on libreelec 11. im surprised how good both builds work, it really did change a lot in a year! I have contacted (again) jock on armbian forum to make multitool work on this box so maybe I can get armbian on nand and libreelec 11 on sd. i couldnt be more grateful to you for your work.

There have been improvements in the Kodi source code, I took advantage of some hidden configurations and gradually optimized the system. Consider that yours is one of the best boxes ever (apart from the fact that it has NAND).

• Ilmich.

THanks for the help, I have install program on emcp memory just fine with multitool.

Version 10 do nice have also a volume setting whehn watching, but 11 do not frespond on the volume settings on remote control.

Can I go to internet also? I have installed broweser but see nothing, somaybe hidden.

All the other builds from you did install fiine and reboot also, no errors. can you explane how I can change the dbt files and resolutions, is this through ssh?

And as last question, what box is best to use, I have rt3229 who is only 32 bit, I need the last cpu from arm who do 64 bit because

much more support, I need spdif, because I am go build a dac.

PS the 10 version did sound very nice, a volume buttons on remote is very handy.

thanks.

• Version 10 do nice have also a volume setting whehn watching, but 11 do not frespond on the volume settings on remote control.

If the audio works, but you can't use the remote control to turn up the volume, you probably have a particular one that isn't configured correctly. If so you can follow this libreelec (https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/ir-remotes) guide to set the keys correctly (and maybe send it so I can include it in the next build)

Can I go to internet also? I have installed broweser but see nothing, somaybe hidden.

if you are connected to a network (not wifi because your device is not supported) obviously yes unless you have problems in your home network that have nothing to do with libreelec

All the other builds from you did install fiine and reboot also, no errors. can you explane how I can change the dbt files and resolutions, is this through ssh?

yes, there is a command to change the dts.. it is explained in the first post. Unfortunately I didn't understand the resolution problem. If the TV works correctly it should indicate (via EDID) the supported resolutions. The rk322x supports 4k at most

And as last question, what box is best to use, I have rt3229 who is only 32 bit, I need the last cpu from arm who do 64 bit because

much more support, I need spdif, because I am go build a dac.

I can't help you, the rk322x has a 2-channel spdif connector. If that's not enough for you, obviously there are more modern boxes but as regards libreelec support (or Linux in general), it depends on the case.
    The rk322x is well supported because a lot of the code was rewritten by volunteers and included in the linux kernel, and there is the effort of people like jock2 and me who test endlessly on the boxes they can find (the work behind my builds at the beginning it was really a lot).
    If you need a 64-bit soc you could try something that mounts the rk3328 or rk3399. These are also well supported

Last thing, did my test build solve the problem that you couldn't install it in the emcp?

• THank you for your help, I see also I have to type less fast, see errors.

The build did work, all did install fine with multitool, and start, reboot, set off etc do

work. version 10 do best, but has video giltches sometimes or tick in sound, just

sometimes not much.

The tv resolution of mine (old) phillips is not hd, but hd ready. so it does 1080 x 720

I think, I did not now that linux do look at that, it has a output who do mention phillips.

The spdif is for sound, special music, spdif is digital, so I do not now if that works with

movies, but I think the cpu will decode and sent it through, the dac is stereo, I have no 5.1

or dolby, stereo is fine for both.

I go look on your link, let you now, I go also look at the wifi chip. For the network, I have wire

the box, and it dowload stuff fine, but I can not use browsers, kodi let see nothing about that,

wil be nice if that works and make this os complete and one of the best and fastest.

regards

• The tv resolution of mine (old) phillips is not hd, but hd ready. so it does 1080 x 720

I think, I did not now that linux do look at that, it has a output who do mention phillips.

try to share the output of dmesg command from ssh shell

The spdif is for sound, special music, spdif is digital, so I do not now if that works with

movies, but I think the cpu will decode and sent it through, the dac is stereo, I have no 5.1

or dolby, stereo is fine for both.

When you tell kodi to use spdif (for example) all sounds pass through it (ui movements, music, films, etc etc).

go to kodi --> settings --> system --> audio --> and "select default audio output device". valid options are analog sound, hdmi, spdif. you can also enable audio passtrhroug (useless with analog sound, works with hdmi, untested with spdif)

• Hi all,

I am testing right now the last build on a MXQ 4K - so far it works good with H264 Video, no luck with MPEG4, basically it reboots after a while without starting up the video (perhaps a watchdog reset it?). Did I get it right that there is no MPEG4 support for hardware decoding in this version? Is there any specific reason why it is missing?

Thank you!

-miclass