[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.3.0 and kernel 6.1.63
    - added bcm43342 wireless firmware (not tested because I don't have such chip)
    - raise ddr3 clock (~650MHZ)
    - added simple irqbalancer
    - added 2 new mxq4k and mxq4kpro variant
    - various fixes and improvements
    - updated to latest libreelec source

!!! With this build I increased the default RAM frequency. I tried with all the boxes at my disposal without encountering any problems. However, it is recommended to make a backup or use another SD card. !!!

Some features are missing (like NAND).

My build of Libreelec 11 has some breaking changes that make it incompatible with previous Libreelec 10 builds. In other words, there is no easy way to upgrade your Libreelec 10 setup to Libreelec 11.

Cheers
    Michele

fsdonato now your wifi should work. markosc issue with tvheadend has gone (almost on my boxes). usr4864 try with this build(possibly even in 4k because I've never tested it) , my t95d box (similar to your onetvlite) doesn't reboot anymore.

• Ok. I was able to successfully build of the image from sources.

I used a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 installation and followed the instruction in https://wiki.libreelec.tv/development/build-basics and of course used ilmich 's repo.
    Strangely the download issues I had the first day disappeared when I tried to rebuild the day after...

The only remaining issue way the lack of "mogrify" the was required at a certain step that I installed with

sudo apt install graphicsmagick-imagemagick-compat

Now, to solve the boot issue with my h2 box, I imagine I need to start tampering with u-boot.img and /or trust.img so I'm asking again your help to start with this:

The last steps of the build process is:

can you please point me to the script that executes these steps?

and

Where do idbloader.img uboot.img trust.img come from? Are they downloaded binaries or are they compiled from sources in a previous step? when (which script does that) ?

Thanks again for your help.

• Ok, you are right: I should use grep for that.

As far as I understand the job is made by mkimage and install scripts in .../projects/Rockchip/bootloader...

and at least idbloader.img and uboot.img are done by packing somehow Rockchip's binaries. Am I on the right way?

ilmich : you said that trust os (is it trust.img?) need to be changed for h20. How do you suggest to proceed?

Thanks again.

• 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi worked in build 2023/12/02 . Very good, your work was incredible!

There is a problem with thetering, when activated, the access point appears, but it is not possible to turn off thetering.
    Then you need to install the system again.
    Below is an updated log for the conference if you want. I don't think it will show the problem above because when I had the problem the samba server didn't work so I could get the log.
    log-2023-12-02-23.20.10.zip

• digicroxx keep in mind that my builds are unofficial and some things are little different (90% of code are under projects/rockchip/devices/rk322x). I suggest to unpack h20 firmware (google is your friend) and flash trust.img on libreelec prepared sdcard. If works share results and I'll try to put working trust on my rkbin repository(source of binary bootloader and various wifi firmware) in order to test with others boxes.

thanks a lot

• digicroxx keep in mind that my builds are unofficial and some things are little different (90% of code are under projects/rockchip/devices/rk322x). I suggest to unpack h20 firmware (google is your friend)

ilmich , I know your build are unofficial and some things are different, but since I'm not expert of official librelec either, it's not a big deal for me... From my point of view yours is the official repo:).

And google is my friend expecially when I'm able to ask questions with enough details to filter out misleading links, so do you maybe have a good starting point to suggest for me to learn how to unpack h20 fw?

Thanks again for your work, your repo and your support.

• ilmich , I know your build are unofficial and some things are different, but since I'm not expert of official librelec either, it's not a big deal for me... From my point of view yours is the official repo :) .

it was to tell you that, for example, mogrify is a tool that I use to reduce the textures of the estuary skin so for those who build my repo it is normal.

And google is my friend expecially when I'm able to ask questions with enough details to filter out misleading links, so do you maybe have a good starting point to suggest for me to learn how to unpack h20 fw?

I apologize, but you have to understand that giving a hand to everyone by guiding them step by step sometimes becomes difficult for me (lack of time). however you can use rkunpackfw tool from this
    https://github.com/ilmich/rkflashtool

if you want to try to insert it into the build you have to change here
    https://github.com/ilmich/LibreEL…der/install#L16

• There is abosolutely no reason to apologize, I pefectly understand. Moreover I was not expecting a step by step guide, but exactly what you provided: some links as starting point to proceed. Thank you again.

I let you know if I will be able to successfully boot h20 box.

• fsdonato sorry, can you please explain better your use case(better if step by step)? I want to reproduce your issue.

Step by step:
    Start the system.
    Connect to a Wi-Fi network. It will connect normally.
    Then go to Settings -> LibreElec -> and enable the Wi-Fi hotspot (tethering).
    It's in this option where I encounter the following bugs:
    *Sometimes the options to set the password don't appear, requiring a device restart and revisiting the same menu for them to show up.
    *It's not possible to deactivate the Wi-Fi tethering. Even after restarting the device and despite the interface showing that the option has been disabled, the Wi-Fi hotspot remains active in the phone's search. It becomes impossible to connect to other Wi-Fi networks. The solution was to reinstall the system.

• Hi ilmich , thank you for your effort.

I've tried the new build but it stops at the same point (to be precise, the serial logs stops suddendly a little earlier):

In these day, following your suggestion, I've extracted the trustos.img form the android official fw and try to replace, but I've got similar results:

So I tried a step forward and replaced also the uboot.img taken from the original FW.

In this way the boot process was longer and then stopped because of course the the other partitions that uboot was expecting were missing:

Just for test I've tried to use the original trustos with only the uboot.img coming from andorid FW and the boot was similar:

At this point I'm wondering if the culprit is uboot more than trustos. (unfortunately I'm not expert about uboot either).

I've noticed that the start offset in Librelec is 0x60200000 while in legacy fw is 0x60000000. I don't know the reason of this difference but anyway, even if I edit the start address to use 0x60000000 nothing changes.

As latest test, I remembered that multitool was booting on my box, so I checked how the images was built.

I see the trustos verison was the same as your repository, while they used a precompiled u-boot-dtb.bin file to create uboot.img.

Using that file I had some results.

It was a little tricky because this uboot switches the uart to 115200 bps, so in the first run it seemed the terminal was stopping at the same point; than I noticed that the led of the serial interface was still blinking so I changed from 1500000 to 115200 to see the rest. This is the result (the garbage at the beginning is the usual message of the early boot still @1500000bps):

At this point the system hangs and after a while it reboots.

I hope this can provide some inspiration for further ideas on how to proceed.

In the menawhile I've seen that in the Armbian forum somebody was able to boot Armbian on h20 box (https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-cs…&comment=175478)

I will ask some info and try to reproduce his/her steps to check after that the difference with Librelec.

Thank you again for your effort.

• Thanks, ilmich .

I hope I have not messed something up with the tests in the last days, but it seems that the new uboot behaviour it's similar to what I've got with the multitool's uboot.

Also this one switches serial to 115200bps, was this expected?

Anyway the result is:

Then the box hangs, with no reboot.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Btw: In Armbian forum they suggested this

but unfortunately I don't know (yet?) how to do that in your repo...

Edited once, last by digicroxx: Merged a post created by digicroxx into this post. (December 10, 2023 at 11:20 AM).

• I hope I have not messed something up with the tests in the last days, but it seems that the new uboot behaviour it's similar to what I've got with the multitool's uboot.

Great, so now my uboot is ok for your board, I see it loads the kernel. Now I'll try to understand what jock2 suggested to you and I'll make you an ad-hoc dtb.

Also this one switches serial to 115200bps, was this expected?

I'll fix this too. I'll ask you to flash a test image again to clean up any dirty tests.

• Thanks, ilmich ,

Unforutnately DTBs is another black area for me (the next one I have to learn... any link to suggest :)?).

What I have done is:

- renamed the file to remove the .txt extension

- changed the release script in projects/Rockchip/devices/RK322X/bootloader to add a copy of your file after the line

Code
      cp -a "${SRCDIR}"/rk322*.dtb "${DSTDIR}"

to overwrite the "original" dtb with the same name.

- rebuild image together with your uboot.img

I hope I've done it right, but in any case the result is very similar (last two rows swapped)...

Thanks again for your effort.