[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.2.1

- support for OneTv Lite box (thanks to usr4864 and jock2)

- support for more boxes (from libre10)

- various fixes and improvements

The build is very stable but some features are missing (like NAND).

My build of Libreelec 11 has some breaking changes that make it incompatible with previous Libreelec 10 builds. In other words, there is no easy way to upgrade your Libreelec 10 setup to Libreelec 11.

Cheers

Michele

• Great Mich, today I tried this build and it is very stable, it doesn't heat up much, we are around 77 degrees centigrade, no bugs, but I only noticed a lowering of the volume power with my soud bar compared to libreelec 10. then its remote control also works but the bluthoot key doesn't work. Thanks for everything.

• The Build "LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20231020-2c170bd-rk322x" worked on my TVBOX Rockchip RK3228, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, board R29_MXQ_221_V2.4_210323. Only the Wi-Fi did not work because I believe the chipset is the 339s0205, the same as the iPhone 5S. THAKS! :)

• Hi fsdonato,

unfortunately, the r29s are very particular as boards. jock2 fixed them up recently because he had one available. If you can't do without wifi, I recommend getting a USB adapter because if I remember correctly, there are no usable drivers for that chip.

But I'll try to do something.

Cheers

Michele

• Hi fsdonato,

unfortunately, the r29s are very particular as boards. jock2 fixed them up recently because he had one available. If you can't do without wifi, I recommend getting a USB adapter because if I remember correctly, there are no usable drivers for that chip.

But I'll try to do something.

Cheers

Michele

Everything is fine; I am using it via RJ45 network, and it's working. The remote control is also functioning. Thank you very much!

• Hi MIKMXIII,

connected with analogic port?

sorry, but I don't understand. Are you talking about the remote control of the box or the sound bar? Which bluetooth button?

Yes Mich in analog connected to a soundbar via audio jack.

On the box I have a Bluetooth dongle that worked with your libreelec 10.

• This new version seems fast and stable to me but I have a small problem and that is that the wifi of the v88 4k TV box only has a good wifi speed and it is a problem that I had at the beginning in version 9 which was only corrected at the maximum speed I can only have 1 to 2 megabytes of wifi while before it was approximately 40, 60 megabytes per network, I can have good speed but the wifi only has this problem.

• Hi fsdonato,

I'll do my best to support various hardware, but regarding kodi addons, I'll not guarantee because it's out of my scope.

Error "simple iptv one or more items failed"

Sadly I've not found the error in your logs.

However, I discovered that perhaps there is hope for your WiFi. I'm compiling a patch created by jock2 that should help. I will let you know

markosc is the wifi 6051p? because it could also depend on the CPU/DDR clocks which in this version of libreelec are lower (heat and optimizations that make overclocking less useful). I've made some improvements that I hope to release soon and that you might try. this is because libreelec 10 and libreelec 11 practically share the same kernel code (obviously adapted to the latest kernel versions)

• Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.3.0-rc4 and dav1d 1.3.0

- added esp8089 and bcm43342 wireless driver (not tested because I don't have such chip)

- tune ssv6051p wireless driver

- fix Bluetooth driver on t95d box

- ddrbin v1.11

- tune CPU and DDR3 scaling governor

- various fixes and improvements

The build is very stable but some features are missing (like NAND).

My build of Libreelec 11 has some breaking changes that make it incompatible with previous Libreelec 10 builds. In other words, there is no easy way to upgrade your Libreelec 10 setup to Libreelec 11.

Cheers

Michele

fsdonato  markosc with this build I've made some experiments regarding wifi (missing driver and speed problem with ssv6051p). Please try and let me known

• Hi,

I'm on latest 10 nightly. It boots on my tv box. Remote control works flawlessly. But no luck on wifi, my wifi chipset is SV6256P.

I have the firmware .img of my tv box but i dont know how to extract the wifi driver, in case you need it.

=========

Tried 11 nightly, too. Everything seems the same except remote control didnt work.

• Thank you very much for providing this new build 2023/11/19.
    Regarding the Wi-Fi, it didn't work for me.
    As for the performance, I noticed a significant improvement in the animations and system's smoothness!

• Hi,

I'm on latest 10 nightly. It boots on my tv box. Remote control works flawlessly. But no luck on wifi, my wifi chipset is SV6256P.

I have the firmware .img of my tv box but i dont know how to extract the wifi driver, in case you need it.

=========

Tried 11 nightly, too. Everything seems the same except remote control didnt work.

11 nightly, tried all .toml on /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/ but nothing works.

Proceed to advance configuration section on https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/ir-remotes, seems to me that 11 nightly only uses .toml as rc keytable so i added .toml at the very end of these commands:

cp /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/any_name.toml /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/custom_remote.toml

Then i adjust the keycodes within the file. Lastly run command:

echo "* * custom_remote.toml" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

Then reboot and all works. Sadly i dont know what brand and what type my box is because i bought it from my ISP. No brand at all, just the name of the ISP.

• Hi fsdonato, please share a new log. The WiFi chip is supported by the kernel with a little patch, so maybe the fix is easy.

anjarys if you have a working remote mapping, please share the results. I'll add your remore config on my next build