HDR on x86 Hardware

• Running nightly-20230514-e7ccb95 (Generic.x86_64) on an Intel n100 device I'm able to activate HDR correctly, connected directly to an LG C1. I've abandoned running video through my AVR as it had a lot of trouble 'locking on' to video mode changes / audio format changes (as well as intel's high resolution audio dropouts); luckily my device has dual HDMI outs.

• Thought I'd report that the 'last' nightly of v11 (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20230519-c3ca265.img.gz) does not have the bt.2020 fix (not sure if this is intentional); Don't want to to regress it forward to the v12 builds.

• Hi

I've got mixed results with 4k and HDR with Generic.x86_64-11.0.1

With "Adjust refresh" on, I can get 4k video in SDR, without HDR

With "Adjust refresh" off, I can get 1080p video with HDR at 60Hz (i.e. the refresh rate configured for kodi menu).

I've tried nightly build but the video output is corrupted: I get green colored band when the displayed image changes (i.e. changes in menu screen or when playing a video).

Is there any way to fix this ?

All the best

• Thought I'd report in that using a Beelink n100-based mini PC and the latest build posted in this thread I am getting proper HDR10/bt.2020 triggering on my setup: Pioneer AVR to LG C1 TV. It's looking great!

I've abandoned running video through my AVR as it had a lot of trouble 'locking on' to video mode changes / audio format changes (as well as intel's high resolution audio dropouts); luckily my device has dual HDMI outs.

I was thinking about getting a Beelink N100 myself due to the working BT.2020 triggering... but this HD audio bit got me worried. Isn't HD audio passthu working?

• I was thinking about getting a Beelink N100 myself due to the working BT.2020 triggering... but this HD audio bit got me worried. Isn't HD audio passthu working?

The only way I've gotten HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA) to reliably stream without dropouts is to separate video & audio signals; This means you cannot have the AVR connected to your display ( otherwise libreelc will just 'clone' the signal out, causing the same issue) , and have to utilize both HDMI outs (one going directly to your display, the other going directly to your audio processor).

• The only way I've gotten HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA) to reliably stream without dropouts is to separate video & audio signals;

Thanks for replying. Even though your issue isn't too encouraging I guess I'll take a shot at the DDR5 version of the box.

I was also considering the alternatives (even Amlogic boxes) but I guess nothing beats the flexibility, convenience and power of a minipc. If everything goes wrong I can always use it as a router, heh.

• The only way I've gotten HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA) to reliably stream without dropouts is to separate video & audio signals; This means you cannot have the AVR connected to your display ( otherwise libreelc will just 'clone' the signal out, causing the same issue) , and have to utilize both HDMI outs (one going directly to your display, the other going directly to your audio processor).

Thinking about your issue... can't you use some kernel boot params in syslinux.cfg to force video output separated from audio (and avoid cloning) and thus maintain de video connected to the AVR?

I didn't test it on my current setup (I don't have 2 HDMIs) so I really don't know if it would work. Here is where I got the idea:

metin
    March 26, 2023 at 5:00 PM
  • smp that does not build on top of 11.0.3 (in my community build where i do not tocuh kodi anywhere)
    i get http://ix.io/4Bfb and then try to find out if i missed something.
    Found where the patch is comming from but have no idea if i need something else from here
    https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/comp…-no-ffmpeg-bump
    Any pointers?

I do play around for a while with the thought to build a extra "device" in my community build with the needed patches that are in this thread here. Now as i get it presented on a table (thank you) i did try, but no luck.

• Thanks this one did compile.

But for me it is not working except black screen, but that is new before the patch it stuck without getting a black screen.
    Hardware B360M-ITX/ac, i3-8100, Denon X6700H, LG55E6D.

Media my own 4k discs remux with makemkv and lots of samples.
    That is not really a problem for me because i use a Vero 4k+ since it was released for HDR and now for testing a RPi4 too. But one can hope to just use one fast x86_64 device for all media.

If somebody is interessted you find my LE 11.0.3 comunity build + lvm and encryption + the 2 patches from here under http://sky42.libreelec.tv/release/11.0/G…Generic-BT2020/ .
    The way back without forced update needs 1st a update to my Generic 11.0.3-#230723 and then back to official LE.

The commit with all the changes is https://github.com/sky42src/LibreELEC.tv/commit/fe9d270