How do I fix the error that appears on boot?

• /dev/sdd1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL_FATBOOT="LIBREELEC" LABEL="LIBREELEC" UUID="3010-5350" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="cfdfc946-01"

/dev/sdd2: LABEL="STORAGE" UUID="a8e8a687-3b0f-472c-a2e4-3e8c903fd088" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="cfdfc946-02"

Last: I copied the information about the TWO partitions of LibreElec from blkid. Maybe I'm still wrong to interpret the directions. I'm sorry to still cause problems. (I also followed your indication to try Pinn, but here Volumio sometimes crashes and in any case the update is difficult. ;( )

• Code
    boot=/dev/sdd1 disk=/dev/sdd2 quiet ssh

^ last roll of the dice, this forces the boot/disk params to use the raw disk (sd) card device. If that doesn't work I'm /shrug

UPDATE: I've corrected the ^ above, the card reader is changing the presentation of the block device to look like a USB drive, not an SD card which changes some of the /dev/device numbering.

• Here I am again ... Disappointment because your last roll of the dice also failed: always and only the same mistake with obviously modified values. In practice it is as if the address we give it reads it, but it does not correspond in any case to the exact location. It remains to be seen if the error is saying that "no position is exact because the reason I can't find it is another", or if "the position exists, but you haven't guessed it yet!"

Try to also consider what I hypothesized in my last one, that is, that it could be how the MBR or similar is written by the program with which the card is prepared? Because after all these changes now none of the cards supplied are read, for Volumio another error is given while for LIbreElec always this one, but long ago one of the two worked! So what I can have changed is "only" the following formatting and reformatting mode of the microSD. Or do you think it's completely out of the way?

• LE has had millions of installations with the current .img format and MBR arrangement. It is not at fault. It all works when you boot LE as intended with the SD card inserted directly into the board. It stops working when you add your dual-card gadget. Ergo.. it's the dual-card gadget. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'm out of ideas.

• Sorry for the rush of an answer with which I would close my question in this forum.

I answered the good "chewitt":

"I think you've put the seal on this discussion. I'll keep doing the disk-jokey until I find the solution elsewhere."

thank you

• Greetings!

I tried again to search, search ... and maybe I just found the solution that solves both the problem that arose from the LibreElec boot and from the different one that occurred at the boot of Volumio. Both are solved by adding this statement to the cmd.txt file

sdhci.debug_quirks2=4

Now it would also be nice if someone explained to me HOW this string acts on the pi4 / OS.

If others trying to have solved the problem thanks to this instruction I will be even more happy ;)

• Now it would also be nice if someone explained to me HOW this string acts on the pi4 / OS.

It has to do with disabling 1.8V signaling for UHS cards, some cards & extenders do not like it. You would potentially have slower SD-card speeds. You can google around the raspberrypi.com forums or github for perhaps a more precise answer from one of their engineers.

It also helps if you have sporadic boot failures in "mount_common" on the Pi4 with LE.

• I had what appeared to be the same problem when using 512GB Samsung micro SD cards on my RPi Zero 2 W. But then also had the same error message when I attempted to use a 32GB SanDisk card. In my case, at least, the problem seems to be the RPi Zero 2 W. I found a solution in another thread here  . . .

[from HiassofT] You need to add "dtoverlay=cma,cma-256" to the end of config.txt, otherwise LE won't boot on devices with 512MB RAM.

so long,

Hias

After doing that, I was able to complete first boot and begin setup of KODI. :)

Hoping this helps for anyone searching this issue. Thanks HiassofT !!!