The sound is not in sync with the video

• Hello,

i have version 10.0.1 installed. when playing videos, the sound is out of sync. My hardware: Raspi 4 with 4gb connected via lan cable. Is this a bug?

Greetings

Michael

• Go to Best Answer
  • It's not out of sync for me.

Does it occur with all files or just "harder" ones? Provide mediainfo of a file with this issue.

Is it always the same offset (i.e. can you adjust audio offset then "set as default for all files" to make everything in sync) or does it vary?

• can you try to remux a video into a mkv (this does not any reencode)?

mkvtoolnix gui is rather easy to use, just remux mp4 -> mkv (~ 1min) and maybe that fixes it

I can remember that buggy mp4 muxers are related to such kind of problems.

• There is even a bug report on github with no response from the devs. It seems that they are not able to fix it unfortunately.. :(

It's almost impossible to fix something without being able to reproduce it.

I watch videos on Pi4 every day, and sync is always prefect.

There's something in:

files being played

settings used

AVR or TV

A clean install of LE10 on an sdcard, and playing a standard file would be useful to rule out the first two of these.

• the download is very slow...

• I have tested the whole thing three times. Now i am on version 9.x

You may have tested it three times but we see debug log output for zero times and we suck at diagnosing issues via ESP or guesswork. You are welcome to run a fourth test and provide some technical evidence of the problem :)

• As mentioned in the linked URL above I have exactly the same problem with the same hardware: Pi4 with 2GB RAM, running from external ssd connected via USB 3.0. The TV is a Samsung 4K and the problem raises in any combinations:

- various video formats

- loading files from nfs or local ssd

- with or without audio passthrough

- via AVR or directly via HDMI on TV

If you need more information or debug logs, please tell me and I will try to send it.

• I think only high avg. video bitrate files are affected with delayed audio. For example a movie with avg. 25 Mbit/s (and higher) video 1080@23,976p (with Dolby audio). Can someone confirm this?

TV shows with a video stream of avg. 6-10 Mbit/s seems to be in sync as they should be. (1080@50p Dolby)

I am using always passthrough for every format, also HiRes. My AVR is capable to play them. Kodi menu is set to 1080@50p.

• Here is a kodi.log snipped after starting a problematic file:

And this is media info output:

• And here the start of playback while debug logging activated: