Is it possible to install Libreelec to a partition (instead of the whole drive)

• I am using my Pi 4 as a desktop PC. I have realized that especially with the latest update of RPI OS (bullseye), installing and running Kodi has become a pain. So i am thinking why not go with Libreelec instead. However, i also still want to use the Pi as a PC. In order to do both, i have to just switch sd cards, which obviously is not very convinient.

So, would it be possible to install libreelec to a partition of an SD card or an SSD? I also have an SSD that i use for archiving purposes. So i am going to need the NTFS parition on it. So can i keep that partition and also install Libreelec on that drive?

What about dual boot? Is that possible? Can i install libreelec and raspberry pi os on the same SD card and select one of them during boot?

• Take a backup of the .kodi folder and contents from the RPiOS install, store it somewhere safe. Once you installed LE via PINN or NOOBS for some level of multi-boot support you can copy the backup file over and manually restore content by stopping Kodi, moving files to the right places, restarting Kodi again.

NB: It is not possible to install LE into a partition. It is not possible to use an NTFS drive as the /storage partition. You can use the NTFS drive as a separate media drive that's shared between several OS without issues, but /storage needs Unix filesystem permissions support.

• Hello twilightened and chewitt,

please read this:

I'm use LibreELEC since 2017 so,

Greets

liberi

• RPi4 can boot via u-boot, but it's not needed and we don't use it with LE images for RPi devices. And if the user needs to ask Q's at the current level the likelihood of them building a custom image that implements u-boot support for RPi in LE is rather unlikely IMHO.

• Is there a key combination that will allow me to select the boot source on Raspberry Pi 4 while booting? Let's say i want to boot the usb stick when the sd card is inserted. Is it possible to do so?

• Is there a key combination that will allow me to select the boot source on Raspberry Pi 4 while booting? Let's say i want to boot the usb stick when the sd card is inserted. Is it possible to do so?

No, you can only configure the boot priority/order.

so long,

Hias