Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W - stuck on boot

• Hi,

I've tried to boot LibreELEC on my new Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, but I'm stuck on boot screen. I've managed to disable quiet mode to make things more verbose and the following line seems to be the culprit:

"A start job is running for Wait for Kernel Time Synchronisation" (photo in attachements).

I've waited several minutes and ended with nothing.

I've tried installing Rpi and Rpi2 LibreELEC-RPi.arm-9.2.6.img.gz and something like LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.6.img.gz proposed by USB-SD LibreELEC creator (but it ended with rainbow screen only), as well as few releases from https://test.libreelec.tv/ (the latest for current date LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20211230-47c99b4.img.gz and few older ones).

I've read on the Internet, that people were able to run LibreELEC on this device, but two threads I found were from November 2021 and oldest releases on test.libreelec.tv are currently from December.

My general idea and skills seems to be sufficient, because I was able to run RetroPie, as well as Raspbian on this device.

I think the issue could be with no network preconfiguration and the system could not synchronize time with NTP server, but I guess it could be also my blind guess.

• LE11 nightlies are the only images that will run on RPi02W hardware (without a lot of jumping through unsupported hoops) .. but you'll likely run into a bug that will stop Kodi from running in the latest nightlies. The issue is known, but needs some dev attention to fix, and the devs in question (from RPi Foundation) are on PTO at the moment. So be patient and wait a week and it should be resolved. NB: RPi02W only has 512MB RAM so while it can/will boot LE11 nightlies we have no plans to formally support it (or any other 512MB devices) as Kodi Matrix/Nexus really need 1GB.