Unable to activate PVR feature

• Hi,

Can anyone tell my why I am unable to activate the PVR feature ?

I'm using a new PI 3 with a fresh LibreElec install, however when I go to enable the feature I get a pop up box saying "No PVR add-ons could be found", After clicking ok I was then expecting to get a second screen appear allowing me to select IPTV Simple Client but this doesn't happen.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for any help.

James

• For IPTV you need a specific m3u list coming from your IPTV provider. There are some m3u lists in the net, but those are mostly illegal. There are also some channels (in germany for example) which are able to receive via IPTV for free legally. Depending on where you come from and what is available.

The other way round is setting up a PVR backend (like TVHeadend) as a server and a frontend client to connect to the backend. This requires additional hardware depending on the service you receive (DVB-T/-S/-C).

Just activating Live-TV and receive it isn´t possible ;)

• Thanks for the information.

I have a m3u link but I am unable to add the IPTV Simple Client add-on, before you could click on Enable and this would prompt you to setup the PVR function, the normal window I would to expect to appear allowing you to install all the different options does not, and the PVR feature stays disabled.

I've tried it on a different build from XBian which works but the build seem not as up to date as this one.

Is this a build issue ?

Thanks

• I have exactly the same problem here. No PVR IPTV client available on 7.0.2 and when I try to install Simple Client from Libreelec Repo it gives me an error "failed to install addon". Is there anything else I need to install before the client?