Regression: libhdhomerun.so: cannot open shared object file

• with today nightly (nightly-20211225-9841784 (Generic.x86_64)) TvHeadend (v10.80.2.102) stopped working

in it's service.log:

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend43/bin/tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libhdhomerun.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

backup restore doesn't work/fixed it here :huh:

anywhere to get the yesterday nightly ?

Edited once, last by GDPR-7 (December 25, 2021 at 1:55 PM).

• This issue is caused by yesterday cleaning. I noticed that Kodi for some reason depends on libhdhomerun even if it doesn't use it. So I remove it. Now it's clear that this was shortcut for some addons, which should include it by themselves. These addons need to be fixed and rebuild, but that will take time.

Unfortunately, only last nightly images are available, old ones are simply deleted. One possible, but tedious workaround would be to extract libhdhomerun from LE 10.0 image and place it into your system.

• To try whether I am able to fix it, I copied the lib from the same build into a path known by LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It fixed

Code
    tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libhdhomerun.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but now I get

Code
    tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libx265.so.199: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and I can't find this lib in my current build.

After creating the tvheadend42 addon the lib was built. I copied it into some LD_LIBRARY_PATH configured folder and now everything works again.

Edited once, last by k-meleon (December 25, 2021 at 9:33 PM).

• thanks jernej

it {sh,w}ould be a good idea to have a elder nightly available if - as in this case - something bursts.

- will write a RFC, soon -

for the record (the fix)

===================

copying libhdhomerun.so into ~/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend43/lib/ fixed it for me

• Same issue for me with tvheadend42 on RPI4 with LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211225-070386f onward.

I came across this thread yesterday after having to roll back to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211224-3e13d8e from every new nightly I tried.

Unfortunately there is no way of simply putting a copy of libhdhomerun.so in /lib as it is read only.

• deepee, you should read what I wrote under "for the record (the fix)"

- don't overlook the bold number -

in LE's git I see there some work/help/solution in the pipe..., next days ..., tomorrow ?

[le10] kodi-binary-addons: update to latest versions by heitbaum · Pull Request #6032 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    pvr.argustv: update 19.0.0-Matrix to 19.0.1-Matrix pvr.demo: update 19.0.0-Matrix to 19.0.1-Matrix pvr.dvblink: update 19.0.0-Matrix to 19.0.1-Matrix…
    github.com

and