LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211221-9284c92 crashes...falls to safemode.

• RPI4B 2GB RAM Just Boom Digi Hat. LG OLED TV, Marantz SR5500 Receiver.

So tried the last nightly out and it crashes. I was able to "update" to 20211218 and restore back OK.

This is the crash log from the 20211218 version.

http://ix.io/3j5S

I hope is has something useful other wise I'd need to upgrade to 20211221 and try posting from safe mode.

Chook

• Go to Best Answer
  • Can confirm, nightlies are broken since 20211220. Last good one is from 20211218

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211222-b0c6e41:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211221-9284c92:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211220-9284c92:

• Can confirm, nightlies are broken since 20211220. Last good one is from 20211218

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211222-b0c6e41:

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211221-9284c92:

Crashlog RPi4.arm-nightly-20211220-9284c92:

Killom,

I note there are just now two new Nightlies for the Rpi4. The one dated 202112022 works OK but looks like it's a special development release from Hias. The latest one posted just moments ago is dated 20211224. I'll try it when i get a chance.

chook

• Alas 'LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211224-3e13d8e.tar' failed to boot.

Crash Log is http:http://ix.io/3Jjk

Best regards

Chook

The 202112022 is now a community release but fails to boot also. I'm going back to 20211218.

Cheers

Chook

Edited once, last by chook55: Merged a post created by chook55 into this post. (December 24, 2021 at 5:44 AM).

• Code
    2021-12-24 16:01:08.652 T:1346    ERROR <general>: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/vfs.libarchive/vfs.libarchive.so.20.0.0, reason: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The claim of "the box doesn't boot" is false as the OS log shows the box boots and runs Kodi fine, but Kodi loads vfs.libarcive for OpenSSL 1.x and faults, causing Kodi to crash. Nightly images have bumped to OpenSSL 3.0 which includes a major (breaking) ABI change. All binary add-ons must be rebuilt and updated, and most are done and published; but we are still chasing some build issues in a few. Once those issues have been resolved an updated vfs.libarchive can be pushed; then it won't crash and cause problems. Until then, you can SSH into the box and delete /storage/.kodi/addons/vfs.libarchive to stop the crashing.

• Thanks again.

It was unclear to me what was happening. Kodi booted and rebooted a few times before the safe mode appeared.

Solution was successful. All fixed.

for others this did the trick via SSH console.

"rm -r /storage/.kodi/addons/vfs.libarchive"

Chook

Edited once, last by chook55: Solution successful. (December 24, 2021 at 10:06 PM).

• The occasional crashes / kernel panic encountered on LE Nightly 20211224 & RPi 4B.

Some crashes were due to unexpected USB reset (I am running LE from HDD connected through USB/SATA adapter so the USB disconnect leads to total crash). The current LE Nightly build is less stable than before.

• The occasional crashes / kernel panic encountered on LE Nightly 20211224 & RPi 4B.

Some crashes were due to unexpected USB reset (I am running LE from HDD connected through USB/SATA adapter so the USB disconnect leads to total crash). The current LE Nightly build is less stable than before.

ghtester,

I wonder if your HDD is powered or is it powered via USB? Maybe the HDD is drawing too much power from the RPi4. See if a powered USB3.0 hub helps. I use a Targus 4 port USB3.0 hub with a 4A power supply. The USB hub hosts a HDD and my boot SSD.

• Of course I am using the hand made fork cable so the HDD is powered from 5V PSU, not from the USB port at all. The USB reset was not an issue with earlier LE builds, it looks that updated kernel may have some bugs.