RPI4 - how in the world you make FONTS bigger and how to map my remote control BACK button to actually do BACK?

• One has to be a rocket scientist to be able to configure this thing!

I found on KODI forum that to make fonts biggrer you have to edit this file (after logging via SSH, how user friendly):

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Font.xml

BUT! You cannot save the changed file, it says FILE SYSTEM is READ ONLY.

So how in the world can I make fonts bigger and readable from my sofa?!

On the other hand, I need to modify this file:

userdata/keymap.xml

To make remote control's back button work as intended.

No idea where that folder of file is.

Please help :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

My Slimdevices Transporter died :( The worst day ever.

This RPI4 thing... Jesus Christ, do you think non developers would ever be able to configure it?!

• One has to be a rocket scientist to be able to configure this thing!

Kodi is an acquired taste, for over 15 years including its XBMC period.

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Font.xml

No, that is not the correct file to edit. You are now referring to a file that is installed as a system font. You CAN edit the file, but with any upcoming update (certainly in LibreELEC) this file will be overwritten with the new version. The fact that the file is readonly is for a reason: the entire OS is readonly, simply to prevent people unfamiliar with Kodi to mess up the operating system.

Every setting that need change must be created/edited in the userdata/ folder.

So how in the world can I make fonts bigger and readable from my sofa?!

Well, a good fitting keyboard+mouse cushion will certainly help.

But to be clear, the amount of slack for increasing the size of fonts is limited, and also dependent on the selected Kodi skin.

this RPI4 thing... Jesus Christ, do you think non developers would ever be able to configure it?!

Do you think you can, from now on, put on a more friendly face? I cannot imagine that me and my colleagues at Kodi and LibreELEC will be very enthusiastic to spend our own FREE time to help the grumpiest "customer" since quite a while.

• Kodi has a user interface that's been designed (it didn't just happen that way) to fit onto a TV screen. If you hack the default fonts to be bigger that throws a whole heap of things out of visual alignment and the defaul GUI (skin) will start looking rubbish. Kodi does support other skins, and some of them may allow the font size to be configured, and/or some of them simply use different sized fonts. Experiment .. because that can be done from a remote without needing to override Font files from the SSH console. Plan B .. get a bigger TV. Plan C .. sit closer to the TV screen. NB: If you think our dumbed-down OS is too complicated for you, please feel free to use something else.