Chrome Update Question

• I think this addon is kinda like an orphan child and as long as it works (mostly) I doubt the devs have the time nor inclination to dedicate their time and energy to a limited audience of users as it will only work on the x86 builds. If they came up with a way to work on all platforms that might change the dynamics but meantime Chrome works usually with a few hiccups here and there for the most part. I'm tickled pink it works at all :)

RD

• I think this addon is kinda like an orphan child and as long as it works (mostly) I doubt the devs have the time nor inclination to dedicate their time and energy to a limited audience of users as it will only work on the x86 builds.

That's a reasonable assessment of the situation. We *would* like it to always work, but it's never the highest priority.

• Tried with #6 method, for Chrome version 109.0.5414.74-1 , but unfortunately chewitt is right....it doesn't work...

Extracting until 100%, finish, starting...and nothing happens

:-((

Edited once, last by daniber58 (January 15, 2023 at 2:05 PM).

• Thanks CvH!!

I'm not seeing any update to the repository.

Does it happen automatically or do we manually do something to see the new chrome version. Is it released a little at a time so as not to overload host with too many requests?

I did a check for updates in the repository add on but no changes. In Chrome add on version 111 and 107 are the only ones listed. What version number should be listed that has the latest update?

I'm currently running 10.0.4 and matrix 19.5 on a generic machine.

• Kodi caches the repo to reduce requests on infrasttructure so you may need to right-click and force the repo to be refreshed before the new add-on version will be shown/seen locally.

• I also only see versions 107 and 111. I just now installed 111 on my Intel NUC and it works just fine.

When Google Chrome is running, there is a notice in the top right corner about a newer version available. Is there a newer version than 111 for LE? Can it be downloaded elsewhere or only through the Repo?

Edited once, last by blueribb (January 17, 2023 at 7:38 PM).

• So everybody, who is interested in latest Chrome, should update to LE 11 generic-legacy.

Update folder method from LE 10 generic-legacy to LE 11 generic-legacy is working.

Update folder method from LE 10 generic to LE 11 generic-legacy is untested.

I have just installed Libreelec 11 generic, and I am a new user.

For some reason, I can't find the Chrome addon at all, in the repository "libreelec Add-ons" under "program add-ons".

Am I missing something?