Tvheadend - Local SMB Share Picons permission denied ?

• Hello again!

I'm not sure, where to put this thread (addon or general), so I try it here.

A routine check of the kodi.log shows, that TVH obviously has no rights to load the chanel icons) beneath several othe shares):

Code
     ERROR <general>: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://192.168.XXX.XXX/Picons/tvh'
                                                       unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

I can reach all the smb shares on the Librelec (10.0.1) RPi 4 from all other devices - without any problems. I also checked the UNIX rights on the folders, which seems to be alright (40755 - that should grant read rights to all local users, or?).

Where can I check and change the SMB-rights within Libreelec (the smb.conf just contains the min/max smb Versions and an include row) - or do I really have to create a brad new smb.con by my own?

Thanks in advance! :)

R.

EDIT: I use TvH 4.2.8-36...

Edited once, last by MacNoname (November 16, 2021 at 7:03 PM).

• I do not quite understand. I seem to remember that the file 'samba.conf.sample' is in the directory '/storage/.config'. You just have to rename it to 'samba.conf' and modify it if necessary.

I also do not understand the use of 'smb://http://192.168.XXX.XXX/Picons/tvh' in tvheadend, besides it does not include username and password, I think this syntax does not work in tvheadend and you will need to mount the remote directory samba in a directory local.

• Thanks a lot for your hints. :)

a) I concluded, that there' s a problem with TVH and the SMB or UNIX rights, because the error comes directly within the startentries of TVH in the log and DEBUG-log.

b) I had a closer look at the picon section and the settings in the webgui of TVH again. After I've seen, that some (not all) channels now get the channel logo from file:///storage/picons/tvh after I changed some settings as supposed, I guess now, the the SMB error in the log have other reasons, which I have to find out. I'll post it here.

c) Anyway: It seems, that I've to build my own smb.conf (it isn't my first :) ) - but I still wonder, where the settings for the "build in shares" (Recordings, Picons, Backup, Music, Update etc.) are hidden....

Greetings

R.

• Startup scripts execute /etc/samba/smb.conf unless /storage/.config/samba.conf exists, then it is used. Note that the LE samba shares have a default credential (libreelec:libreelec) so smb://user:pass@ipaddress/ authentication will be required.

• Thanks a lot!

Obviously ... I searched this file with wrong parameters, so I just find "/storage/.config/samba.conf".

My fault. :sleepy: Anyway, thank you for this information.... :)

Still guessing, where this error-messages in the log come from....

Greetings!

R.

• True. I had to change the folder from "vdr" to "tvh" in "Picon path" setting.

Great, when it fitted to you! :thumbup: But that was not quite my problem. Everthing within TVH was correct - but there was a change in the naming within the share - therefore the path for the channelicons in KODI (!) did not work further;) (and it seemed, it blocked everything else witihn the PVR settings... ?!? I don't know.....).., I changed the path to the share from ".../Picons/... " to ".../picons/...." that caused the errors in the logfile....

After that everythings worked smoothly... but, I downgrades to LE 9.2.6 for usability reasons ... for the moment at least .... :)