[SOLVED] Default blocksize on storage partition

• Sweet! The wireshark info is nice to see. Didn't know that wireshark also lists this info, thanks for this hint!

Well yeah, then it's indeed solved. I'd say allocation = 0 is a good setting as future default.

Already marked it as solved ;)

Regarding the passwords issue with special characters like ! and * that I mentioned in my Post #15: If somebody has a clue, feel free to share it :)

cheers

• The underlying file system appears to have no bearing on the allocation roundup size - an RPi2 with 4096 byte ext4 block size still results in Windows 7 reporting 1024 bytes "Size on disk" for a 1 byte file.
    [hr]
    I'd suggest a separate post for the password query, this thread is about block size and it's marked solved.

Edited once, last by milhouse (November 18, 2016 at 9:03 PM).

• The underlying file system appears to have no bearing on the allocation roundup size - an RPi2 with 4096 byte ext4 block size still results in Windows 7 reporting 1024 bytes "Size on disk" for a 1 byte file.

Yep, that confirms my impression that there was actually a bug in Windows 7 (ignores parameter allocation roundup size), which is solved since Windows 8 :)

Thanks a lot for solving my issue here!