Wetek Play 2 Hardly boot

• Dear all,

I've been reading this forum for years now but never post before. So thanks all.

I've a problem with my wetek play 2 box. I've been using it for years without trouble. For weeks now I can hardly boot LE (9.0.2).

To be precise, it start booting, starts Libreelec (logo), when Kodi starts it crashes most of the time.

I reinstall a fresh LE (still 9.0.2) without improvement.

I disconnect everything and found out that without HDMI it starts like a charm. I've sound but no image even after connecting HDMI cable back.

Booting from internal NAND does not encounter this kind of trouble.

Have you guys an idea to try?

• Hum.

2 questions in 1.

I re install a fresh 9.0.2 and I cannot update Libreelec official addons since the repo is not available anymore (I guess?) for this old version. Is there a work around?

I flash the LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.80.0-wetek-play2.img.gz from Chewitt testing dir without success (testing/). The SD card is not seen as a possible boot. What do I miss?

Thanks

• 1 Perfect, thanks.

2 No I did not, youy do an amazing work to maintain all possible platform. I was just thinking I missed an extra step. I tried to rename KERNEL file into KERNEL.img, it starts to do something but not much. I tried the 10.0.1 version also without more success.

Thank you anyway. I will surely switch to a rpi4 the day it will be available in my country again!

• The -wetek-play2.img.gz file is designed to boot the box using mainline u-boot (on SD, with emmc wiped). Use the "box" image and edit the dtb name (to the full name of the play2 dtb) in uEnv.ini if using factory boot firnware. NB: Renaming the KERNEL file guarantees the box will not be able to find it and boot.

• Fell dumb now, you wrote this already in a thread and did not manage to understand.

I thought 'box' should be replaced by the name of the box to pick the right file....