Libreelec on Apu 7700K

• Hello, sorry for my bad english, i have a question for you:

I read many guide over internet but sems related all to a raspberry pi, i have installed a librelec img to a generic x86/64 motherboard, with AMD cpu (APU 7700K).

The strange thing is that libreleec use te very minimum performance of the cpu:

kodi:~ # lscpu | grep MHz

CPU MHz: 1898.307 (actual speed)

CPU max MHz: 3400.0000 (this is the max cpu speed 4 core 4 threads)

CPU min MHz: 1900.0000 (never touched this speed, nor douring movie playing)

I have many content inside my library and i already tested that a big cpu can do difference douring browsing cover and moving in-out the menus, edit content etc...

This librelec system with apu is really slowly and for entering the movie library it take at last 20/25 seconds...

I tested kodi application (.exe) installed on a desktop pc running Windows 10 (intel i7 9800X), and it take at last 5/6 seconds for entering library.

So, my question is, is there a way to "telling" to libreleec (maybe via ssh) to run at higher speed with that cpu?

thanks

• This librelec system with apu is really slowly and for entering the movie library it take at last 20/25 seconds...

In that case, something else is wrong on your LibreELEC.

Possibly a corrupted database or a failure of a HDD.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Kodi software decodes media to create thumbs, so when entering views with thousands of movies or episodes (and a clean install) it will start generating them in the background. Once they have been created (or you scraped the library deliberately, which also creates them) the CPU activity will reduce. Our kernel defaults to the "ondemand" CPU governor, so unless there is a bug that affects AMD chips (or all chips) the CPU should ramp up clock as the load increases. Perhaps try a current nightly image (newer kernel = fixed bugs or different bugs).

• Kodi software decodes media to create thumbs, so when entering views with thousands of movies or episodes (and a clean install) it will start generating them in the background. Once they have been created (or you scraped the library deliberately, which also creates them) the CPU activity will reduce. Our kernel defaults to the "ondemand" CPU governor, so unless there is a bug that affects AMD chips (or all chips) the CPU should ramp up clock as the load increases. Perhaps try a current nightly image (newer kernel = fixed bugs or different bugs).

thanks, i try to see this page: https://test.libreelec.tv/

what file do you suggesting me to download? and last question, can i install it like a classic "update" from inside libreelec?

• ok i've installed the .tar file of the last nightly, i see the % of the cpu increasing, but i see that the timing is the same... i have at last 650 clip in the library, why it take so much?

And why instead my desktop is so faster?

Another thing that i notice is that the maximum memory displayed is 4gb ram, i have installed 8gb...