RPI2: libreelec 10 how to downgrade a test build without samba

• Hi,

i am using libreelec 10 (https://test.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi2…107-5cfc876.tar). before i had updated from 20211027 to 20211107 there was no problems, but after i had updated to 20211107 the rpi2 there are some problems to access the kodi.

kodi doesnt connects to the local network (i am using a static ip-adress) ). no mouse or keyboard works on usb. kodi boots up, but i cant use it.

is there a downgrade procedure for my problem or must i reinstall completely the librelec?

Thanks and Regards,

Stefan

• You upgrade or downgrade all in the same manner: place the .tar file in the .update folder, and reboot.

Just know that Kodi isn't exactly downgrade-friendly.

• Current nightlies are K20 and releases are K19. Downgrade to an earlier K20 nightly should be fine. Downgrade to 10.0/K19 will need add-on changes but you probably get away with it. Downgrade to 9.2 will need a clean reinstall.

• You upgrade or downgrade all in the same manner: place the .tar file in the .update folder, and reboot.

Just know that Kodi isn't exactly downgrade-friee ndly.

Hi,

its not possible to do that. in my first post, i wrote the raspberry didnt have an ip address in the network. i cant operate with the raspi and cant access the samba shares (update etc) to put the upgrade file in there.

i see only the kodi desktop. the testbuild has a bug - the version before (20211027) was all right.

how can i solve my problem - i dont want to reinstall libreelec completely.

thx

• Current nightlies are K20 and releases are K19. Downgrade to an earlier K20 nightly should be fine. Downgrade to 10.0/K19 will need add-on changes but you probably get away with it. Downgrade to 9.2 will need a clean reinstall.

i know it. how can i downgrade from K20 v20211107 to K20 v20211027 if the folder network folder update is not available.

• i wrote the raspberry didnt have an ip address in the network.

Place the upgrade/downgrade file on a USB stick, and use Kodi's File Manager to copy/move the file to the .update folder. Then reboot.

• If you have a linux PC (or VM) mount the ext4 partition on the SD card and put the tar (or img) file in the .update folder.

I've just PR'ed a fix for broken USB and network on RPi2/3 https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/5863, if it gets merged in time tomorrow's nightly should be fine again.

so long,

Hias

i have also test this on linux mint. if i connect the sdcard from the rpi2 with the usb port, then i can access the storage folder and i see the .update folder - i had placed the librelec update tar file into the .update folder and reboot the rpi2 with the sdcard. a error message appears that the file in the .update folder is corrupted and the boot process will be continued with the installed version. i know the file is not corrupted and i can open it on pc.

• i have now done a fresh new reinstall. the problem with the samba shares to access the update folder exists in 20211102 to 20211109. the testbuild of 20211027 is no longer availlable. why?

• i have today reinstalled my pi (rpi4 image on rpi2). first with libreelec 10 official release and upgraded to libreelec test build 20211118. my problem is solved. the smb shares are accessable.