LE 10.0.1 on RPI4 - SMB still not working

• Thought it was fixed since ver. 10.0 but it still persist.

No success to mount SMB shares on Zyxel NAS325-v2.

Trying to add manually reports "Software caused connection abort". :sick:

On LE 9.2.8 everything works flawlessly "out of the box". :thumbup:

I have read some threads about this issue on this forum but none of them drove me to a practical solution.

I'm a humble user, not a rocket scientist. /shrug

Thanks in advance for any future fix, meanwhile LE 9.2.8 is the way to go.

• Your NAS is likely horrible outdated (software wise) so it can only handle SMB1 connections.

You should really not use SMB1 anyway, besides the security problems it also includes a lot problems connected with kodi.

You can switch Kodi to allow SMB1 connections or the better fix is to switch you shares to NFS. You NAS should allow that and you can enable SMB + NFS at the same time so you have no additional problems.

• On 9.2.8 only SMB2 and SMB3 are enabled, and it works. Never needed SMB1.

My NAS configuration is 2 internal Volumes + 2 external, unfortunately NFS enables to share only internal volumes.

So should I get rid of my good-old NAS just to jump to LE 10? ;(

I'm confident LE team will resolve the issue more sooner than later, SMB compatibility is a key point, IMHO.

Thank you.

• SMB1 was disabled by default for LE10/K19.

You have a 7 year old low end NAS that was not up to date at release date - so the chances are high, that it just supports SMB1 at all.

Try allowing SMB1 at the Kodi settings, this should work already.

chewitt
    November 1, 2021 at 12:41 PM

Not sure if there is a additional NAS update that maybe fixes anything for you :)

• I'm using the same old NAS with SW-Version V4.81(AALS.1) and I made it work in LE10 with the following settings in Libreelec:

Section 'Libreelec' /'Services': Minimum supported protocol SMB2, Maximum supported protocol SMB3

Section 'Services'/'SMB Client': Minimum protocol version SMBv1, Maximum protocol version SMBv3

Strange setting but successfully working with LE10.0.0 and LE 10.0.1!

• you are aware that you need to manually add the path at Kodi and that the "search for share" is not working at Kodi ? (that is a kodi bug)

I can map SMB share's using the File Manager, but I can no longer map a share for library backups. That is where my issue is.

Daryl