Wetek Play 2 issue with NAND

• Hi,

issue 1:

I would really appreciate help with this even though it's only mildly related to Librelec. I have a Play 2 with Librelec 9.0.2 on the EMMC. I want to gift the box to a friend so they can have access to my plex server. For ease I wanted them to use the android app which would mean trying to get the weos 3.2 image onto the EMMC or trying to get it to boot on an sd. I'm failing hard at both options.

Is it possible? How do i go about it?

issue 2:

I ran a fresh start on the EMMC version of librelec and now even though it looks ok, it doesn't seem to be able to install anything from official kodi repository. Everything just says 'installation failed'. any ideas how i could fix this?

appreciate any help, getting very frustrated - just trying to do a nice thing for a friend /shrug

• Boot this image on an SD card https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE….0.1-box.img.gz and from the SSH console write this image https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw6bg3kipc8t…wp2.img.gz?dl=0 to eMMC with "emmctool w backup-wp2.img.gz" - the image is a raw backup of eMMC from my WP2 box before installing LE (or in my case, erasing Android).

Thankyou for this, I was hoping you would reply as saw you had helped somebody else. Unfortunately I'm getting a green screen straight after the Wetek logo then it reboots. Burning to an 8GB SD. Tried extracting image from gzip first and just still zipped using etcher. Is it definitely the right file? thanks

• i wonder if my WP2 box is just bust. To be clear, on the EMMC is libreelec 9.0.2 which cannot install any addons, everything fails.

When i burn your image to sdcard and try and boot with it i just get a green screen after the wetek logo. Tried many times. Does the SDcard have to be a particular type. i'm trying with an 8GB which is all i have to hand

thankyou for your help though

Edited 2 times, last by sparkymark79 (October 21, 2021 at 11:49 AM).

• i wonder if my WP2 box is just bust. To be clear, on the EMMC is libreelec 9.0.2 which cannot install any addons, everything fails.

When i burn your image to sdcard and try and boot with it i just get a green screen after the wetek logo. Tried many times. Does the SDcard have to be a particular type. i'm trying with an 8GB which is all i have to hand

thankyou for your help though

you may find a solution here
    addons fails to install

Edited once, last by Aroosha (October 22, 2021 at 3:52 PM).