Intel NUC with 1TB SSD

• I just put together an Intel NUC with 250GB SSD M2 (boot drive), 16GB RAM, 1TB 2.5" Seagate SSD internal drive.

Bios shows the WD250GB Drive, and LibreELEC was successfully copied and boots from the M2 Drive.

Bios also shows the 1TB and says 100% capacity is available.

When I get into Kodi, it shows no available storage and says nothing is left of the boot drive either.

No components ever saw Windows - as I installed everything into the NUC and immediately put in a LibreELEC USB boot stick.

How do I get Kodi to show the available drive? Also, if I need to use command line to mount it, how do I get to the LibreELEC boot screen or what do I have to do once Kodi loads in order to do that? I'm sorry if all these questions are basic, I figured it would be a quick set up for my QNAP NAS, but its showing 0MB available for storage.

• heitbaum

Thank you for responding, I do remember SSH when I did this on Pi, I guess I should of known that.

ok M2 I should see 200+ GB, and what if I don't?

Also, how do I get the 1TB to show up in kodi?

• usually your 1 TB drive should show up automatically under /var/media

if not:

I guess it's unformated

a "dmesg|grep sda" should show if it's in general seen by the kernel

• If you don't have infinite amount of money consider buying SATA drive rather than NVMe one if you use your 970evo as a system drive and just looking for a data storage.

They are way cheaper and if you don't plan just to show benchmark results to friends or copy insane amounts of data 24/7 then real life satisfaction will be more than enough.

• GDPR-7

Dmesg|grel sda : shows the drive.

Write protect off

mode sense: 00 3a 00 00

Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn’t support DPO or FUA

Sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk

When I run df -h I still don’t see the ada drive at all.

• When I run df -h I still don’t see the ada drive at all.

sgdisk -p /dev/sda OR parted -l /dev/sda

will show us if the disk is partitioned and if and how it's formated

smartctl -H /dev/sda

will show us if the disk is Hea-lth-y.

more too play with (?) : "smartctl -h" (h like help for all options)

P.S.

ping forum admin:

why is "hea-lth-y" normally written a "censored word" ?

Edited 3 times, last by GDPR-7 (October 9, 2021 at 11:28 PM).