Built in CEC support on NUC8i5BEK

• Good day to you all,

I am trying to get a USB-C to HDMI adapter with CEC support that will support 10bit HDR. I wanted to be sure it will work before I purchase the adapter.

The one I am looking into is the Accell : https://www.amazon.ca/Accell-USB-C-H…28198968&sr=8-4

I am also considering that the NUK seems to have CEC as one of the 'onboard' options to enable in the BIOS, but it does not seem to be registered as an adapter when I boot up LE. Does LE support the Intel onboard CEC chipset? If so, does anyone know how I can get it to work?

Cheers,

Ken

• It's an HDMI 2.0 adapter, so it can deal with 10 bit HDR by standard definition.

I assume you only test with a computer monitor until you've been purchased the HDMI adapter. The computer monitor doesn't have CEC, which might be the reason of not loading the CEC driver. If the display supports CEC, then it's activated by default on LE.

• Hey mate, thx for the reply.

I am using it with my Samsung NU8000 HDR TV. I normally use a Pulse Eight USB CEC adapter to get the CEC working, but that does not support HDR.

The LE NUK is connected to a Lyngdorf MP-60 which supports CEC, and it was previously connected directly to the Samsung TV, which also supports CC. Neither seems to bring up the CEC adapter in LE.

Cheers,

Ken

• Thanks, those cables are OK. I think it could be a CEC driver problem on your NUC, and the planed USB-C adapter surely wont fix that.

1. Activate debug logging at GUI (HUD will appear).
    2. Reboot with your active CEC devices (AVR / TV) attached.
    3. Login by SSH.
    4. Run pastekodi.
    5. Post the resulting link to kodi.log.

Maybe we'll see what happed to the CEC driver then.

• Awesome will do when i get home, thx!

Also - FYI - when I connect my current Pulse Eight USB CEC adapter, LE automatically pops up a notification saying, "Pulse CEC adapter attached", and CEC will work... It's just that the signal won't pass through HDR :(

Cheers,

Ken