start a application using ssh

• Kodi supports multiple weather add-ons, depending on where you are in the world, but these are not "apps" that you can do things with from the SSH console. Under the hood the add-ons are just fancy Python scripts that poll online sources for data and populate that data (via APIs) in to the Kodi GUI. I suggest you start over by explaining what you're trying to achieve in more detail.

• When I boot up kodi it starts my local weather app and displays Local weather. after 3 minute's the picture slide screen saver starts. After a hour I would like the screen saver to be interrupted so I can view the weather again. After 3 minutes the screen saver starts again. I would like this sequence to repeat automatically with cron. If I strike any key on the keyboard it will interrupt the screen saver and I can see my weather. This is what I would like Cron to do.

Thanks.

• All you need to do is set your screensaver to turn off your screen after 3 minutes

then set cron to run every hour...set cron to to wake monitor and load your weather window just in case it has been closed for other media ..

Code
    0 * * * * kodi-send --action="CECActivateSource" && kodi-send  --action="ActivateWindow(12600)"